[kj] Toronto show

Shadforth, Jane E SUKOP-UOIT/42 gathering@misera.net
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:18:05 -0000

Very good to hear they are back playing again... When Jaz went off sick =
i had a horrible feeling that might be the end of things for a while.

Keep having fun out there, Jane

-----Original Message-----
From: death wish [mailto:dwish2000@hotmail.com]
Sent: 29 October 2003 08:14
To: gathering@misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] Toronto show

Gatherers,

There was no better place on earth tonight than Lee's Palace, Toronto. =
What=20
a night.

Dave - sorry I didn't have my shit together enough to at least meet with =
you=20
for a drink - I drove in at the last minute and I'm driving back out of =
town=20
now (3 am) where I have to be a pallbearer in a few short hours. What a=20
heavy week it's been.

Setlist, as I recall:
communion
requiem
total invasion
wardance
blood on your hands
change
seeing red
fall of because
follow the leaders
the death and resurrection show
kings and queens
the wait
whiteout
pssyche
encore 1
asteroid
pandemonium (was that a tad of 'jana' Geordie did on the outro?)
encore 2
empire song
frenzy

A few technical glitches here and there - vocals dropping out =
occasionally,=20
but they were all in fine, fine form. Crowd was totally into it. =
Afterwards,=20
Jaz could do little more than point to his throat and whisper "I'm =
saving my=20
voice." Geordie loved the show and the crowd and Raven was a blast.

T.

>From: "Dave Axford" <daxford@rogers.com>
>To: <gathering@misera.net>
>Subject: [kj] Toronto show
>Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:44:31 -0500
>
>A very good evening tonight! Lee's Palace was sold out and there seemed =
to=20
>be a decent age mix as well.
>
>The Joke were in top form and it was difficult for me to believe that =
they=20
>cancelled Philly only a couple of days ago.
>Our boy Cliff did a great job helping Geordie sound good (and Geordie =
DOES=20
>seem to be quite the task master. He seemed quite annoyed when there =
wasn't=20
>a towel handy on top of his amp!). A near perfect performance by our=20
>favourite guitar god.
>
>Ted was fucking great. He's definitely a keeper. I really want to hear =
him=20
>on a studio album.
>
>Jaz was in a good mood and really seemed to be in his element. No sign =
of=20
>the flu affecting his performance whatsoever.
>
>Raven was ever aware and looked like he was ready for anything.
>
>To round it all out the keyboards were nicely handled too.
>
>All in all, I'd have to say that maybe it wasn't the most intense KJ =
show=20
>I've been to, but it's a very close second without question. I'd also =
have=20
>to say that the sound was DEFINITELY the best that I've ever heard =
them.

>The band had three encores, even though I'm not sure that we got any =
more=20
>songs than other cities (maybe they were checking to see how Jaz was=20
>holding up). It was great to hear the classics The Wait, Change, =
Frenzy,=20
>The Fall of because mixed in with the new material. Blood on your =
Hands,=20