[kj] Toronto show

Jester gathering@misera.net
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:13:26 -0600

--B_3150238407_9041646

Awesome man. Glad you had a good time. Did you get to chat Raven up at all?

I hear Geordie has been quite the arse, overall, on this tour. Sad really.
Cliff is getting a very different perspective on his idol, at this point,
that=B9s for sure.

Yes, 2004. Europe in February, then March here. They will be down in Austin=
,
I know for sure. May have to figure out a way to get your sorry ass down fo=
that. You seriously need to get away for a few days. Hit the reset button. =
do too. So, one way or another, plan on it brotha. Let Christine hang here
with Elana, while we jaunt 200 miles south for a day. Let them get hair and
nails done...or get their drunk on, and have some grrrl time, while we get
our drunk on and listen to the Joke. Shit, I think all 4 of us could use
that.

Take it easy, and thanks for the update on how t=B9is all going. Wish I could
of been there, but there will be another tour, and hopefully another chance
wont pass me by. Tell Christine I said ello, and I have some serious ghastl=
ghosting stories from the new dwelling we are now at. Some seriously fucked
up, not to mention, sick shit, going on here. Yes, you can say EXORCISM!!
(Coz I read the book)

On 10/29/03 1:44 AM, "Dave Axford" <daxford@rogers.com> wrote:

> A very good evening tonight! Lee's Palace was sold out and there seemed t=
o be
> a decent age mix as well.
> =20
> The Joke were in top form and it was difficult for me to believe that the=
> cancelled Philly only a couple of days ago.
> Our boy Cliff did a great job helping Geordie sound good (and Geordie DOE=
> seem to be quite the task master. He seemed quite annoyed when there wasn=
't a
> towel handy on top of his amp!). A near perfect performance by our favour=
ite
> guitar god.
> =20
> Ted was fucking great. He's definitely a keeper. I really want to hear hi=
m on
> a studio album.
> =20
> Jaz was in a good mood and really seemed to be in his element. No sign of=
 the
> flu affecting his performance whatsoever.
> =20
> Raven was ever aware and looked like he was ready for anything.
> =20
> To round it all out the keyboards were nicely handled too.
> =20
> All in all, I'd have to say that maybe it wasn't the most intense KJ show=
 I've
> been to, but it's a very close second without question. I'd also have to =
say
> that the sound was DEFINITELY the best that I've ever heard them.
> =20
> The band had three encores, even though I'm not sure that we got any more
> songs than other cities (maybe they were checking to see how Jaz was hold=
ing
> up). It was great to hear the classics The Wait, Change, Frenzy, The Fall=
 of
> because mixed in with the new material. Blood on your Hands, Total Invasi=
on,
> Seeing Red and Asteroid really got the crowd going.
> =20
> At the end of the show, Jaz gave Raven a hug, gave Ted a hands out ehault=
ed
> bow and a hug to Geordie. He patted his heart and thanked the crowd and s=
aid
> that this makes his life worthwhile. He then shouted out to the crowd "Yo=
u'll
> see us back in 2004! That's a promise that you can bet your life on!"
> =20
> I can hardly wait!
> =20
> Dave
> =20
>=20

KEEPING THE FIRE ALIVE WITH HONOUR!
OCCISIO LOCATIO=20

THE WEBMASTER,=20
JESTER=20
WWW.KILLING-JOKE.COM
WWW.PARALLAX1.COM=20

--B_3150238407_9041646

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [kj] Toronto show</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>Awesome man. Glad you h=
ad a good time. Did you get to chat Raven up at all?<BR>
<BR>
I hear Geordie has been quite the arse, overall, on this tour. Sad really. =
Cliff is getting a very different perspective on his idol, at this point, th=
at&#8217;s for sure.<BR>
<BR>
Yes, 2004. Europe in February, then March here. They will be down in Austin=
, I know for sure. May have to figure out a way to get your sorry ass down f=
or that. You seriously need to get away for a few days. Hit the reset button=
. I do too. So, one way or another, plan on it brotha. Let Christine hang he=
re with Elana, while we jaunt 200 miles south for a day. Let them get hair a=
nd nails done...or get their drunk on, and have some grrrl time, while we ge=
t our drunk on and listen to the Joke. Shit, I think all 4 of us could use t=
hat.<BR>
<BR>
Take it easy, and thanks for the update on how t&#8217;is all going. Wish I=
 could of been there, but there will be another tour, and hopefully another =
chance wont pass me by. Tell Christine I said ello, and I have some serious =
ghastly ghosting stories from the new dwelling we are now at. Some seriously=
 fucked up, not to mention, sick shit, going on here. Yes, you can say EXORC=
ISM!! (Coz I read the book)<BR>
<BR>
On 10/29/03 1:44 AM, &quot;Dave Axford&quot; &lt;daxford@rogers.com&gt; wro=
te:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"=
>A very good evening tonight! Lee's Palace was sold out and there seemed to =
be a decent age mix as well.<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">The Joke were in top form and it was difficult fo=
r me to believe that they cancelled Philly only a couple of days ago.<BR>
Our boy Cliff did a great job helping Geordie sound good (and Geordie DOES =
seem to be quite the task master. He seemed quite annoyed when there wasn't =
a towel handy on top of his amp!). A near perfect performance by our favouri=
te guitar god.<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Ted was fucking great. He's definitely a keeper. =
I really want to hear him on a studio album.<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Jaz was in a good mood and really seemed to be in=
 his element. No sign of the flu affecting his performance whatsoever.<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Raven was ever aware and looked like he was ready=
 for anything.<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">To round it all out the keyboards were nicely han=
dled too.<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">All in all, I'd have to say that <U>maybe</U> it =
wasn't the most intense KJ show I've been to, but it's a very close second w=
ithout question. I'd also have to say that the sound was DEFINITELY the best=
 that I've ever heard them.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
The band had three encores, even though I'm not sure that we got any more s=
ongs than other cities (maybe they were checking to see how Jaz was holding =
up). It was great to hear the classics The Wait, Change, Frenzy, The Fall of=
 because mixed in with the new material. Blood on your Hands, Total Invasion=
, Seeing Red and Asteroid really got the crowd going.<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">At the end of the show, Jaz gave Raven a hug, gav=
e Ted a hands out ehaulted bow and a hug to Geordie. He patted his heart and=
 thanked the crowd and said that this makes his life worthwhile. He then sho=
uted out to the crowd &quot;You'll see us back in 2004! That's a promise tha=
t you can bet your life on!&quot;<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">I can hardly wait!<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Dave<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
<BR>
</FONT></SPAN></BLOCKQUOTE><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><FONT FACE=3D"Verda=
na"><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Killing Joke1st album"><I>KEEPING THE FIRE ALIVE WITH HO=
NOUR! <BR>
OCCISIO LOCATIO <BR>
<BR>
THE WEBMASTER, <BR>