[kj] Further NYC shenanigans - Semi-OT.

Alex Smith gathering@misera.net
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 16:57:09 -0500

The is semi-off-topic, so don't get your bvd's in a bundle.

As a final note on the NYC show, I'd lake to extend a hearty hats-off to th=
Gathering contingent that made the trek out.

Mike Coles - An unfailingly nice gent with a subtle wit and even keel
demeanor, he leant proceedings an air of experienced respectability when al=
around him was swarthy, manic and juvenile. The great man also treated us t=
lunch on Friday afternoon at Virgil's Barbecue and spun many an entertainin=
yarn of anecdotal Jokery. Mike, I hope your daughter enjoys the goods you
procured for her, and I'll give her disc a spin presently, even though I
know as much about hip-hop as a member of Hamas knows about Yom Kippur. Goo=
luck to ya! Hope your meeting with Big Paul went well. Details please!!!

Dirk Kingerske  - Along with your trusty sidekick Tim Rams (or was it
Hams?), your enthusiasm and penchant for analytical postulation is a thing
of Teutonic wonder. I hope you guys had a good time and your journey down
Broadway found you in cheap-designer-clothes heaven. Sorry I was unable to
join you fellows at the Bellevue on Friday night. I've never had a bad (or
sober) time there, so I trust you carried on said tradition. They have
"Eighties" on that jukebox, but I'm sure you discovered as much. Did you
make it to Siberia next door?

Todd "Fluw" Wulfemeyer - Another eyebrow-raisingly sharp individual, the
Fluw probably saw me at my disheveled drunkenest, and I do hope he can stil=
look me in the eye without cracking up derisively next time we meet.

Yossy the Excorcist - Too much adrenalin in his blood, I'm afraid, and in
possession of a seemingly tireless libido. Apart from his unflinching
adoration for all things Killing Joke, the Exorcist might as well have
"Cherchez Les Femmes" tattooed on his hairless cranium, as he is a
proverbial heat-seeking missile in the capacity. As New Guy Mike noted,
Exorcist and I manned the barricades up front and shouted-`til-hoarse every
chorus back at the band...much to the surprise of the gaggle of meatnecked
bouncers in front of us. Hope your Mom continues to heal with all speed,
man.

Cliff & Cliff's Trio of Gals - Only managed some brief moments of chat with
Cliff, as he was furiously toiling as a Killing Joke Roadie on his first
night. That said, however, he's a stand-up guy (and thanks again for the
set-list). Cliff's wife and sister and sister's friend were also all very
nice, and happily difused all the rampant testosterone with some
estrogenized grace.

New Guy Mike, Robyn and shadowly lurker Adam (?) were all quite cool as
well, though our interactions was brief.

Next time, I expect to see twice as many folks.

Alex in NYC