[kj] Boston show report

Ron Levine gathering@misera.net
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 12:31:32 -0500

Great show last night, as expected.  Got to briefly meet Raven before
the show, and then Geordie and Nick afterwards (all very friendly).
Good crowd, and I found out that they'll be coming back in early 2004
(sorry if this isn't news); hopefully those plans will stick so we don't
have another nine year wait over here!  Jaz is still sick (erm, in the
bad way, I mean) and was actually advised by his doctor to cancel this
string of shows, but you'd never know it by his performance.  Raven
looked rather pissed for most of the show, flipping someone off in the
audience several times (not sure what the provocation was), mouthing a
few choice phrases, and even shoving his roadie at one point when they
had a miscommunication.  Ted was a rock (really kicked ass on the WTF
tracks), Nick was understated as usual, and Geordie was ... well,
Geordie.  ;)  Waited outside the tour bus after the show, when I got to
meet Geordie and Nick for autographs; unfortunately, Jaz ducked into the
bus quickly and never reappeared, and Raven did so as well (saying he'd
come back out for autographs, but he never did -- I guess that means
I'll just HAVE to go see them again in a few months and get the rest!).
Here's the set from memory, I believe it's complete, but possibly not
entirely in order:

Communion
Requiem
Total Invasion
Wardance
Blood on Your Hands (this one inspiring a pit)
Change
Whiteout
Fall of Because
Follow the Leaders
Seeing Red
DARS
Kings and Queens
The Wait
Psyche
Encore: Pandemonium

Asteroid should have preceded Pandemonium, but was cut for time.  At
least we got FoB and FtL (no WTF tracks were played at the '94 show,
although I did hear them soundchecking FoB and got my hopes up), and I
was definitely looking forward to DARS.  Hopefully we'll get Frenzy next
time, and maybe they'll start pulling out MINOG.  And there was NOTHING
sicker than Exorcism at the '94 show, so I'm really hoping they'll get
that back into the rotation.

GAWD was it good to see the mighty Joke again!!

Michael -- kept an eye out for you but didn't spot you anywhere...

Ron
--
http://www.holocaustmetal.com
http://www.mp3.com/nwobhm_holocaust