[kj] Jaz & SAHB

meddle gathering@misera.net
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:56:08 -0500

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Jaz's name is in the list of participants
for the Sensational Alex Harvey Band tribute album in the works:

(from:  http://martin.kielty.users.btopenworld.com/sahb/)

In the meantime, "Alex" recording sessions are underway. SAHB will be recording
some of their old tracks with some of the biggest names around. Check out the
updated list of name -- it's pretty damn impressive!

Ian Astbury, The Cult/Doors
Jake Black, Alabama 3
Danny Bowes, Thunder
Kirk Brandon, Theatre of Hate/Spear of Destiny
Nick Cave
Jaz Coleman, Killing Joke
Billy Connolly
Alice Cooper
Dolf Datsun, The Datsuns
Bruce Dickinson, Iron Maiden
Joe Elliott, Def Leppard
Fish
Justin Hawkins, The Darkness
Jim Kerr, Simple Minds
Mark Lanegan, Queens of the Stone Age
Ian McCulloch, Echo & the Bunneymen
Micheal McKeegan, Therapy
Rico
Robert Smith, The Cure
The Three Scottish Tenors
Irvine Welsh, yes, the author

We also have definite maybes from:Dean Ford, ex Marmalade; Huey, Fun Lovin'
Criminals; Lemmy, Motorhead; Lulu; John Lydon; Donny Osmond; Iggy Pop;
and Henry Rollins.

Nick Cave says: "I discovered SAHB way before the Birthday Party days. A few
schoolfriends and I found we had an elite cult cool because we were Alex fans.
Living in Australia I never got to see him live, but I've covered at least seven of
his songs since my schooldays. This is a great project to be part of."