[kj] Concorde... (OT)

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:24:29 +0100

That goes nicely with my impression of an upper class type pilot who was at a
hotel a few of us were staying at for Donington WSB a few years ago. There we
all were waiting at reception behind this guy, who's all dressed up in his
uniform and struggling with a huge bag. Anyway, no-one's helping him, there's
no-one at reception and this guy is getting visibly upset and annoyed. You can
see his neck going first red then purple with rage at the treatment he's
getting and you just know he thinks he deserves a damn sight better. So, a
receptionist eventually comes up to him, they exchange a few words and this
guy, who is obviously very unhappy with what she said, becomes apoplectic with
rage and utters with venom but in a suitably upper-class accent, "What a bloody
dump!", turns on his heel and storms off...

I always remembered that incident, and whenever I receive poor service or a
crap hotel room, that phrase always comes to mind. Now you've added an extra
dimension for me ;)

Quoting Rob's Arse <joker@Z6.com>:

> I know a story about a concorde Captain. My brother is a pilot for BA
> and told me that the Concorde piolts are usually upper class twats.,
> full of their own self importance.
>
> Anyway, one guy books into his hotel in Paris and went to his room only
> to find an enormous shit in his toilet. He flushed , but the offending
> turd did not budge. He flushed again, still the devil floated there.
>
> This guy got into a terrible rage and stormed out of his room to find a
> maid. By all accounts steam was coming out of this fella's ears and he
> virtually dragged the poor maid who spoke no English into the bathroom.
>
> He stormed in, lifted the toilet seat and fumed "Madame, regard!"
> pointing to the big log. Then, to demonstrate his disgust and dispair he
> gave the toilet yet another flush, only to see the offending article
> disappear round the U bend and begin it's journey to the coast!!
>
> To which the bemused maid is reported to have remarked "Bravo Monsieur,
>

> --- "Shadforth, Jane E SUKOP-UOIT/42" <jane.shadforth@shell.com> wrote:
> ... just flew past my window on it's last ever flight out of Manchester
> Airport.
>
> I'm not normally a plane-spotter, but it felt like a significant moment
> in history, Jane

> Free email at www.Z6.com ( and home of worldmap.com)

Sent with "Me-Mail", Boltblue's FREE mobile messaging service.
http://www.boltblue.com