[kj] NYC Show Tonight

Alex Smith gathering@misera.net
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:13:50 -0500

--MS_Mac_OE_3149684030_46801_MIME_Part

The Prologue.....

In bopping around the neighborhood today (luckily a day off), I strolled by
Webster Hall, where what do I see but what can only be surmised as the Joke
tourbus, and who heaving and ho'ing right along with the rest of the roadie
rabblerousers by big Cliff from Alaska himself (actually, I didn't recognize
him, but he spotted my red MALICIOUS DAMAGE CLOCK shirt from a mile away).
He's one big huge fella, by the by. In any event, turns out Cliff was a
last-minute recruit as a guitar tech, I believe, and is now a full-fledged
commando in the Killing Joke Assault Force, I suppose. In any event, he
couldn't chat as there was work to be done, so I let him get on with it.

Later in the day (just a little while ago, actually), I popped in on the
fabled Union Square Hotel to see if Mike Coles had successfully checked
in/found his bearings, etc. Indeed I located him (just out of the shower it
seems) and apparently he was out with the likely lads last night. For those
who've expressed curiosity at the estimable Mr. Coles mysterious visage, he
looks a bit like a mischievous incarnation of actor Claude Rains...

 (http://www.reelclassics.com/Actors/Rains/images7/rains_faceshot.jpg   )

Anyway, plans are afoot for further shenanigans. More details later, if not
tomorrow.....

Alex in Ominously Stormy NYC...a somewhat fitting climate.