[kj] NYC Show Tonight - Any Advice?

Robin Noelle McFayden gathering@misera.net
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:40:44 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_00FF_01C398A2.17A63BC0

Re: [kj] NYC Show Tonight - Any Advice?Thanks for the directions Alex - =
hope to see you there. I'll be the 5' 2" red head with pigtails and =
olive green cargo pants (that looks a little lost).=20

Robin  :-)

  Subject: Re: [kj] NYC Show Tonight - Any Advice?

  Hi Robin.....

  The Joke aren't supposed to go on until 11:00pm, but being that it's a =
CMJ show, there might be a lot of folks there, so my advice would be to =
get there as close to the DOOR times (7:30 pm) as possible (but then =
again, I'm Johnny Anal about these things). In any event, try to meet up =
with us at the Central Bar if you think you can make it into the city =
prior to 7:30pm (see directions below). In terms of the Path Train, your =
best bet is getting off at the 9th Street stop. This will leave on the =
corner of 9th Street and 6th Avenue (right across the street from the =
highly photogenic Jefferson Market building....the big tower). From =
there what you want to do is WALK EAST (in the opposite direction of the =
Jefferson Market building). You'll have to cross Fifth Avenue, =
Univeristy Place and Broadway until you get to where 4th Avenue meets =
Astor Place (a big open space with a cube sculpture in the middle). from =
here, you can either pop your head into the Central Bar (9th Street =
between 4th Avenue and 3rd Avenue) and look for a bunch of Jokers (I'll =
be wearing the red MALICIOUS DAMAGE CLOCK t-shirt) or simply WALK NORTH =
to 11th street. There'll be a huge post office on the corner. That's =
your block. Webster Hall is in the middle of the street, with a big =
Marquee. You can't miss it.

  Just for laughs, here are the plans for the Central Bar meet-up ONE =
MORE TIME, just so you can all feel like you've dont it yourselves.

  We meet up at around 5pm at THE CENTRAL BAR (109 East 9th Street =
between
  Third Avenue and Fourth Avenue). It's not the hippest, sexiest, =
punkest,
  most rock'n'roll bar in New York City (in fact, it's none of those =
things),
  but it's big, easy to find, generic and a two minute walk from the =
venue.
  It's basically just a big Irish pub. There *ARE* cooler bars to hang =
out in,
  but maybe we'll go investigate those later on in the evening. I'll be =
there
  from 5pm on, so for those of you whose tickets I'm holding (Dirk & =
Cliff)
  come find me there. They also serve food here, so you can fortify your
  stomach before drinking. I suggest we meet up there, hang
  out/drink/eat/whathaveyou until the doors open, then repair to the =
Webster
  Hall for the show.

  In Manhattan, to get to the Central Bar (109 east 9th Street):

  *If you're travelling by subway, it can be easily reached by the #6 =
train
  stop at ASTOR PLACE. Just get out at Astor Place, and walk *NORTH* to =
9th
  street, and hang a right. It's right next to a shitty record store =
called
  EIGHTBALL (they only sell dance music). The Central Bar has a big =
Irish flag
  waving out in front. Ya can't miss it.

  *If you're on the N or R or W line subway, get off at 8th Street. This =
will
  leave you at 8th Street and Broadway. Walk *EAST* until you get to =
Astor
  Place (a big open square with a cube sculpture in the middle). From =
there
  walk *NORTH* to 9th street and hang a right. Once again, it's right =
next to
  a shitty record store called EIGHTBALL (they only sell dance music). =
The
  Central Bar has a big Irish flag waving out in front. Ya can't miss =
it.

  *If you decide to take a cab, just tell him 9th street between 3rd and =
4th
  Avenues.

  * If you're walking and are unfamiliar with Manhattan, just keep calm =
and
  remember that the streets follow a chronological grid pattern (unless =
you're
  further downtown, but don't worry about that).=20

  Take my cell phone number if you get lost or have a problem: =
(917)-691-9335

  Incidentally, since I've never met any of you swarthy swine, I look =
like
  this:

  http://www.misera.net/ail/galleries/alexinlondon/alex_rob_tube.jpg

  I'm the idiot on the left in the leather jacket. In fact, I'll =
invariably be
  wearing that same leather jacket, and I've decided I'll be sporting =
the red
  Malicious Damage clock t-shirt underneath, so ya can't miss me.

  Problems? Questions? Concerns? Epiphanies? E-mail me
  (vassifer@earthlink.net) or call on cell phone above.

  I'll send this out again prior to the date, but just in case, here's =
all the
  info.

  Cheers and lookin' forward to it!

  ----------

  Subject: [kj] NYC Show Tonight - Any Advice?

    Hey everyone! This is Robin in New Jersey. I'm a fairly new KJ fan =
and will be at Webster Hall tonight. Unfortunately I can't leave my =
house in North/Central Jersey until 6 PM - I'm planning on driving to =
Hoboken and taking the PATH into the city. Is anyone familiar with =
Webster Hall? I took a look at the schedule on the CMJ website and it =
says Killing Joke isn't playing until 11:00. I guess that leaves me =
plenty of time if I get lost! If anyone has directions for me or any =
advice please e-mail me or post to me here. Thanks so much and hopefully =
I'll meet some of you later tonight.
    =20
    *cheesy smiles*
    =20
    Robin :-)   robin@fragrancesupplies.com =
<mailto:robin@fragrancesupplies.com> =20

------=_NextPart_000_00FF_01C398A2.17A63BC0

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Re: [kj] NYC Show Tonight - Any Advice?</TITLE>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for the directions Alex - hope =
to see you=20
there. I'll be the 5' 2" red head with pigtails and olive green cargo =
pants=20
(that looks a little lost). </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Robin&nbsp; :-)</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [kj] NYC Show =
Tonight - Any=20
  Advice?</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><BR>Hi Robin.....<BR><BR>The Joke aren't supposed to go =
on=20
  until 11:00pm, but being that it's a CMJ show, there might be a lot of =
folks=20
  there, so my advice would be to get there as close to the DOOR times =
(7:30 pm)=20
  as possible (but then again, I'm Johnny Anal about these things). In =
any=20
  event, try to meet up with us at the Central Bar if you think you can =
make it=20
  into the city prior to 7:30pm (see directions below). In terms of the =
Path=20
  Train, your best bet is getting off at the 9th Street stop. This will =
leave on=20
  the corner of 9th Street and 6th Avenue (right across the street from =
the=20
  highly photogenic Jefferson Market building....the big tower). From =
there what=20
  you want to do is WALK EAST (in the opposite direction of the =
Jefferson Market=20
  building). You'll have to cross Fifth Avenue, Univeristy Place and =
Broadway=20
  until you get to where 4th Avenue meets Astor Place (a big open space =
with a=20
  cube sculpture in the middle). from here, you can either pop your head =
into=20
  the Central Bar (9th Street between 4th Avenue and 3rd Avenue) and =
look for a=20
  bunch of Jokers (I'll be wearing the red MALICIOUS DAMAGE CLOCK =
t-shirt) or=20
  simply WALK NORTH to 11th street. There'll be a huge post office on =
the=20
  corner. That's your block. Webster Hall is in the middle of the =
street, with a=20
  big Marquee. You can't miss it.<BR><BR>Just for laughs, here are the =
plans for=20
  the Central Bar meet-up ONE MORE TIME, just so you can all feel like =
you've=20
  dont it yourselves.<BR><BR>We meet up at around 5pm at THE CENTRAL BAR =
(109=20
  East 9th Street between<BR>Third Avenue and Fourth Avenue). It's not =
the=20
  hippest, sexiest, punkest,<BR>most rock'n'roll bar in New York City =
(in fact,=20
  it's none of those things),<BR>but it's big, easy to find, generic and =
a two=20
  minute walk from the venue.<BR>It's basically just a big Irish pub. =
There=20
  *ARE* cooler bars to hang out in,<BR>but maybe we'll go investigate =
those=20
  later on in the evening. I'll be there<BR>from 5pm on, so for those of =
you=20
  whose tickets I'm holding (Dirk &amp; Cliff)<BR>come find me there. =
They also=20
  serve food here, so you can fortify your<BR>stomach before drinking. I =
suggest=20
  we meet up there, hang<BR>out/drink/eat/whathaveyou until the doors =
open, then=20
  repair to the Webster<BR>Hall for the show.<BR><BR>In Manhattan, to =
get to the=20
  Central Bar (109 east 9th Street):<BR><BR>*If you're travelling by =
subway, it=20
  can be easily reached by the #6 train<BR>stop at ASTOR PLACE. Just get =
out at=20
  Astor Place, and walk *NORTH* to 9th<BR>street, and hang a right. It's =
right=20
  next to a shitty record store called<BR>EIGHTBALL (they only sell =
dance=20
  music). The Central Bar has a big Irish flag<BR>waving out in front. =
Ya can't=20
  miss it.<BR><BR>*If you're on the N or R or W line subway, get off at =
8th=20
  Street. This will<BR>leave you at 8th Street and Broadway. Walk *EAST* =
until=20
  you get to Astor<BR>Place (a big open square with a cube sculpture in =
the=20
  middle). From there<BR>walk *NORTH* to 9th street and hang a right. =
Once=20
  again, it's right next to<BR>a shitty record store called EIGHTBALL =
(they only=20
  sell dance music). The<BR>Central Bar has a big Irish flag waving out =
in=20
  front. Ya can't miss it.<BR><BR>*If you decide to take a cab, just =
tell him=20
  9th street between 3rd and 4th<BR>Avenues.<BR><BR>* If you're walking =
and are=20
  unfamiliar with Manhattan, just keep calm and<BR>remember that the =
streets=20
  follow a chronological grid pattern (unless you're<BR>further =
downtown, but=20
  don't worry about that). <BR><BR>Take my cell phone number if you get =
lost or=20
  have a problem: (917)-691-9335<BR><BR>Incidentally, since I've never =
met any=20
  of you swarthy swine, I look=20
  =
like<BR>this:<BR><BR>http://www.misera.net/ail/galleries/alexinlondon/ale=
x_rob_tube.jpg<BR><BR>I'm=20
  the idiot on the left in the leather jacket. In fact, I'll invariably=20
  be<BR>wearing that same leather jacket, and I've decided I'll be =
sporting the=20
  red<BR>Malicious Damage clock t-shirt underneath, so ya can't miss=20
  me.<BR><BR>Problems? Questions? Concerns? Epiphanies? E-mail=20
  me<BR>(vassifer@earthlink.net) or call on cell phone =
above.<BR><BR>I'll send=20
  this out again prior to the date, but just in case, here's all=20
  the<BR>info.<BR><BR>Cheers and lookin' forward to=20
  it!<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>----------<BR><BR>Subject: [kj] NYC Show =
Tonight - Any=20
  Advice?<BR><BR><BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE><FONT size=3D2>Hey everyone! This is Robin in New Jersey. =
I'm a=20
    fairly new KJ fan and will be at Webster Hall tonight. Unfortunately =
I can't=20
    leave my house in North/Central Jersey until 6 PM - I'm planning on =
driving=20
    to Hoboken and taking the PATH into the city. Is anyone familiar =
with=20
    Webster Hall? I took a look at the schedule on the CMJ website and =
it says=20
    Killing Joke isn't playing until 11:00. I guess that leaves me =
plenty of=20
    time if I get lost! If anyone has directions for me or any advice =
please=20
    e-mail me or post to me here. Thanks so much and hopefully I'll meet =
some of=20
    you later tonight.<BR></FONT>&nbsp;<BR><FONT size=3D2>*cheesy=20
    smiles*<BR></FONT>&nbsp;<BR><FONT size=3D2>Robin :-) =
&nbsp;&nbsp;<FONT=20
    color=3D#0000ff><U>robin@fragrancesupplies.com</U></FONT> &lt;<FONT=20
    color=3D#0000ff><U>mailto:robin@fragrancesupplies.com</U></FONT>&gt; =

    &nbsp;<BR></FONT><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00FF_01C398A2.17A63BC0--