[kj] my top gigs

Christof hamille gathering@misera.net
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:59:00 -0500

Some of th emost memorable gigs I  can remember
1.Kiss 1979 Dynasty tour.  I was 5 and it was the first concert I have ever
been to and Kiss was my favorite band.  My father fell aslepp and was
snoring (you could hear him, he hated Kiss).
2. Kiss 1996 Tiger Stdium.  The show that started it all.  It is a shame
what they have become but man were they on fire.  While I was ,obviously,
too young to realize if the band was on or not in 1979 I was fully aware
(and just at the right state of intoxication to not be stupid or falling
asleep) that this show was massive.
3. Spinal Tap Break Like the Wind tour.  Seriously.  This was an excellent
show.  Jokes and humor aside.
4. Tom Waits.  Get Behing the Mule Tour.  I love Tom Waits and this was a
big deal for me.  He could have gotten up there and spit in a bucket.  But
he didn't it was a top notch show.
5. Killing Joke Pandemonium tour.  Same as above. What more needs to be
said.
6. Skinny Puppy Too Dark Park tour.  I saw them prior to this but it was
never mind blowing.  By the time they were back in Detroit on this tour
theoir stage show was huge and LOUD.  Seriously one of the loudest shows I
have been to.
7. Bad Brains Quicken tour.  It was so fucking good and the heat inside the
venue was unbearable.  And this was during the middle of winter.
8. The Dickies Idjiat Savant tour.  I was fucking plowed. BUT it was the
first time in 5 years I was down in the front of the pit.  Trash Brats
started the night with DeGeneration next and then the Dickies.  It was just
a stellar show and they were on.  Seen them several times and this is the
top one.
9. Einsturzende Neubauten Tabula Rasa tour.  First time Isaw them live and I
was surprised and blown away.
10.  Michael Monroe at the Kit Kat or maybe it was the Black Cat club in
NYC.  I stumbled in there by chance not knowing he was there.  There was
actually a private party going on that night for Joey Ramone and Little
Steven and Dee Dee amongst a few others from the NYC area were there.  We
got into the "private" party and it was a blast.  Michael Monroe was good
also.
11. Chaos UK at 101 Willis in Detroit.  Smelly, sweaty and drunk punks
everywhere.  And then you have Chaos UK.  And then you have a huge fight
that breaks out that goes into the street.  Pure chaos.
12. Diskonto at ABC No Rio.  Stinky, sweaty,pissed off Swedes.  What more
could I ask for.
13. Alien Sex Fiend on the Curse tour.  This show was so fucking good.  I
was much younger, and drunker.  And as a result it would be 4-5 years before
I venture into a pit again.
14.  Fishbone (when they were great) and Primus (before they turned into a
stoner jam band thing).  So much energy.
15. Pigface with Jesus Lizard Welcome To Mexico Asshole tour.  The first two
tours were excellent.  They levelled off for the Fook tour but hen everyone
after that seems to get less and less impressive.  I don't even go anymore.
Anyway this show was all over the place.  David Yow lost his pants before
sing/slurring his first note.  Ogre was attempting to kick heorin and looked
exactly like Slash.  A lot of good people on this tour.
16. Ministry Mind Is A Terrible Thing tour.  While I liked the album and the
band I was not a huge fan.  But the show was good.  KMFDM built everyone up.
  The place was packed and chaos and rioting seemed inevitable.

I could probably go on but that is good for now

Chris