[kj] FW: communion

Sven Oliver Roth gathering@misera.net
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:29:15 +0200

<P>They also started the Hamburg gig with that. </P>
<P>It kind of puts Jaz's two "music role models" into a nutshell. First he enters the stage in this messianic way, pulling the hood back and presenting himself to the cheersing crowds. Then he kinda switches back to the role of a classical music conductor when directing between the bloke at the keys and the violinist. And then the&nbsp;song really starts and Jaz becomes the KJ stage maniak we all know so well.</P>
<P>Personally I think it is a better start to skip the "conducting" part and start with something more tribal as they did when they started with Requiem in Berlin and other places. Anyway, it's all fucking great, no matter how they experiment ;)<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Bob Barathy" <BOB@BBARATHY.PLUS.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: gathering@misera.net
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: "Gathering" <GATHERING@MISERA.NET>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [kj] FW: communion
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:02:40 +0100
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;-----Original Message-----
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Bob Barathy [mailto:bbarathy@cstwp.plus.com]
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Sent: 13 October 2003 16:58
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: Gathering
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: communion
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Jerry said...
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Speaking of Communion what does everyone think of Nika Pehe's violin
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;playing? I think it adds a really special extra dimension. Also no one's
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;mentioned the call and response bit at the beginning of Pandemonium on
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Saturday.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;They did this at Bristol as well it was an excellent start to the gig. Its
<DIV></DIV>&gt;never been a big number in personal playlist but it sounds soooo much better
<DIV></DIV>&gt;live as did Panda).
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Bob
<DIV></DIV>&gt;