[kj] yeah, bristol

Shadforth, Jane E SUKOP-UOIT/42 gathering@misera.net
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:00:39 +0100

It was good to meet you too Mike, and Colin & John enjoyed your =
conversation too...

... and many thanks to Nichola for the delicious food, and to Paula for =
coordination.

Jane

-----Original Message-----
From: mikemarchesan@libero.it [mailto:mikemarchesan@libero.it]
Sent: 13 October 2003 16:30
To: gathering
Subject: [kj] yeah, bristol

a gig in europe is ok but a gig in the UK is another story
and bristol was no exception

the start ws slow, with the tzchec bloke with the violin plus the PA was =
bad with jaz complaining about it... but then it started getting =
better...

the crowd was reasonably large and the wave in front of the stage was =
rough enough and consistent from the beginning to the end... I danced =
and sang like an animal as I enjoyed any minute of it... bllody =
brilliant... they did wardance and requiem and the death and =
resurrection show and seeing red and all I wanted to hear (except follow =
the leader and asteroid)...

but don't ask me the playlist as I was blown away since the beginning by =
them...

it was sad thou seeing the bloody poseurs dancing after the gig in lieu =
of the encores... bloody sad!

the after gig was also nice... geordie was particularly warm and brought =
me into the band coach for a drink (and a passive smoke ;-)... jaz =
hugged me in the same theatrical way he behaves on stage and tim was =
nice as usual (confirming he'll be in in the next album)... raven was a =
bit tired and not really in a talkative mood but still nice thou...

on top of that big thank to nichola who made a great after gig party =
possible and for her delightful hospitality...

cheers (hoping to see them again soon) to

antoni
raven
lisa
jane
jim

and any othere gatherer I might have eventually met but not realised =
(too much cider & beer)... plus A.C. and nick, the taffy blokes and all =
nichola's friends or mere passers by who made the party conversation =
immensely appreciated...

yeah... f***ing brliiant, worth travelling all the way from italy

M.