[kj] fall of...

Rob's Arse gathering@misera.net
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:12:38 -0700 (PDT)

Blood On Your Hands was the track in question Mr B!

Yes, I liked the fiddle playing. That trade off was good stuff.

Hope to get the gig on line in the next day or so. It really has come out far better than expected.

By teh way, from my great seat at the front I was able to watch Geordie and taught meself Fall of Because on the geetar yesterday. He better watch his back.............................

--- "Jerry" <jerry@vane-recordings.com> wrote:
For what it's worth, sitting in at the soundcheck on Saturday, I forget
which song (they ran through Communion and Psssyche) but Nick Walker had
some backing vocals by Jaz sampled on his keyboards. This may turn up on
Rob's digicam recording...

Speaking of Communion what does everyone think of Nika Pehe's violin
playing? I think it adds a really special extra dimension. Also no one's
mentioned the call and response bit at the beginning of Pandemonium on
Saturday.

Nick Walker played the wailing noise bit, then Nika emulated it on his
violin. This happened a couple of times and really heightened the
anticipation of when the full band would come in. Magical stuff!

Good to see y'all on Saturday. I'm a moody bastard at the best of times and,
along with being knackered from a DJ gig on Friday night and not being able
to drink I may have seemed a bit distant.

The good news is I tackled Geordie (didn't get to speak to Jaz) on the
subject of his input in the catalogue reissues (tentatively) planned for
next year and he's well up for it. Hopefully he'll be in touch soon!