[kj] what a weekend

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:39:47 +1000

Neil chortled:  "...and it's all on film."

Will this film be made available to those unfortunates not able to
attend...?  Huh?  Huh?

-S

~Analysis, Paralysis~

Neil Perry <neilfperry@btinternet.com>@misera.net on 13/10/2003 09:33:08

Please respond to gathering@misera.net

Sent by:    gathering-admin@misera.net

To:    KJ <gathering@misera.net>
cc:

Subject:    [kj] what a weekend

In a nutshell: Sat was great, tonight was simply stunning.
Never seen (or heard) anything like it...

Saturday: so having been hugely delayed, get to Tottenham
pub about 7.30, slap bang in the middle of footie mayhem,
swiftly find Lisa, Jel, Mik, Paula, and the amusingly
inebriated Praest. Few pints, then in we go... managed
first five songs down the front, have to go for piss/breather/
drink break, meet Jamie in the bog looking like I feel,
then back down the front to find Antoni giving it his all -
you deserve a frigging medal mate. Higlights were Pssyche
for me - how can this song keep getting better? - and
Empire Song. You could tell Geordie was well into this one,
he sort of moved his left shoulder a bit.
Jel - thanks for the lift-up during Wardance... just for a second
Jaz looked confused, seeing a 5'5" bloke suddenly become 8
feet tall. So cheers also to JP, Christophe, Rob with giant pink leg,
Nichola,
Andy, Jo, Jerry (thanks for the CD) and sorry if forgotten anyone. And
sorry
if I was waffling boringly due to being fairly off me trolley.
Lovely to meet gatherers in the pub after, although I should
have come to garlic n shots with you as I stayed in the pub, got
very drunk, then me and some pals wandered around soho for a bit trying
to find
the place - couldn't even remember what street. So off to someone's
house fueled by nostalgic cheap punk drugs where we listened to
new album and WTF! on a loop for about 6 hours...

Sunday: ...which of course meant no sleep, so there was no way
I was going to last down the front, and anyway, actually wanted to
enjoy it sonically-speaking for once - went up into the gods and
wasn't disappointed, the sound was fantastic (apart from, weirdly,
Blood on your Hands and Seeing Red, fairly messy).
Highlights: Follow The Leader, Total Invasion, Pandemonium, some
beautiful violin on Communion, a fucking stunning TDARS,
Pssyche of course, Change, Empire Song, Whiteout... and it's all
on film.
What a band. What a weekend.
And now I really Have. To. Lie. Down.
Peace to one and all