[kj] Slipstream

Tim Bucknall gathering@misera.net
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:07:42 +0100

my fave song by a long way also
 why don't they play it live?
----- Original Message -----
From: <Devacor@aol.com>
To: <gathering@misera.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2003 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: [kj] Slipstream

> In a message dated 10/11/2003 11:22:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
slee@bushinternet.com writes:

> > Slipstream is something special. There is an amazing, haunting, swirling
build up near the end with Atkins on the toms and some ethereal chords from
Geordie then joined by the keys moving into six 'punches'. When I'm at my
most receptive it does something quite amazing to me - perhaps you'd call it
a physiological effect. If it was deliberately calculated to do that then
I'd say someone knows a thing or two about the secret potential inherent in
music.

> > Song and Dance has a nice building sequence too leading up
> > to Jaz'z primal scream - a joyous moment!
>
> Slipstream is a very special song. A song no other band could come close
to emulating the mood-  is one of the main songs I think of that really
seperates KJ from the rest