[kj] Slipstream

Simon Lee gathering@misera.net
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:22:58 +0100 (BST)

------=_Part_326_413251.1065885778333

Slipstream is something special. There is an amazing, haunting, swirling build up near the end with Atkins on the toms and some ethereal chords from Geordie then joined by the keys moving into six 'punches'. When I'm at my most receptive it does something quite amazing to me - perhaps you'd call it a physiological effect. If it was deliberately calculated to do that then I'd say someone knows a thing or two about the secret potential inherent in music.

Song and Dance has a nice building sequence too leading up to Jaz'z primal scream - a joyous moment!

Simon

<DIV>The ones that really strike a chord with me are the ones like "Song And Dance" and&nbsp; "Slipstream." "Slipstream" is just damn beautiful.That guitar riff at the beginning is one of the most perfect things i've ever heard.Nobody can touch that.<BR><BR><B><I>Thomas Kennedy &lt;tkennedy1999@sbcglobal.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<DIV>for me it's songs like "Europe" and "Darkness before Dawn" - just flatout brilliant songwriting.....<BR></DIV>
<DIV>Tom.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><B><I>Alex Smith &lt;vassifer@earthlink.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"><BR>I know this track pops up in discussion fairly often here, but I just threw<BR>on my prized copy of UNSPEAKABLE this afternoon and am gloriously wallowing<BR>in earfulls of vintage Joke. I'm still so struck by how unique the melody of<BR>this song is (let alone the cryptic legend behind it). It really is a thing<BR>of shimmering, startling beauty, I find. Pity they never properly revisited<BR>it. Geordie's guitar really weaves a glistening web of sound here that flies<BR>defiantly in the face of those who'd write the band off as merely lumpen<BR>doom-merchants. Nevermind "Our Last Goodbye," it's songs like *THIS* that<BR>stop me dead in my tracks. <BR><BR>ALe xin NYC<BR>_______________________________________________<BR>Gathering mailing list<BR>Gathering@misera.net<BR>http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-767134487-1065867984=:84618--