[kj] "Blue Feather"

Thomas Kennedy gathering@misera.net
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 19:03:27 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1009932769-1065837807=:47516

for me it's songs like "Europe" and "Darkness before Dawn" - just flatout brilliant songwriting.....

Tom.

Alex Smith <vassifer@earthlink.net> wrote:

I know this track pops up in discussion fairly often here, but I just threw
on my prized copy of UNSPEAKABLE this afternoon and am gloriously wallowing
in earfulls of vintage Joke. I'm still so struck by how unique the melody of
this song is (let alone the cryptic legend behind it). It really is a thing
of shimmering, startling beauty, I find. Pity they never properly revisited
it. Geordie's guitar really weaves a glistening web of sound here that flies
defiantly in the face of those who'd write the band off as merely lumpen
doom-merchants. Nevermind "Our Last Goodbye," it's songs like *THIS* that
stop me dead in my tracks.

ALe xin NYC