[kj] the greatest live band on the planet!

Shadforth, Jane E SUKOP-UOIT/42 gathering@misera.net
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:27:03 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C38E47.801A635A

Hi Lynne - sorry we did have to rush off, but I am valuing every second =
of sleep I can get this week with having to get up & work. I hate being =
the nagging driver spoiling everybody else's fun, but sometimes it has =
to be done. Last working day today until Tuesday though, so will =
hopefully be less of a party pooper over the long weekend.
=20
See you in Bristol - meeting in the Hatchet beforehand, Jane

-----Original Message-----
From: Purple29pixie@aol.com [mailto:Purple29pixie@aol.com]
Sent: 08 October 2003 21:04
To: gathering@misera.net
Subject: [kj] the greatest live band on the planet!

Wicked weekend at Leeds and Manchester. Had based ourselves in Leeds so =
had extremely fast walk back to station and managed to catch 11.50 back =
to Leeds. Got back to Essex yesterday, now waiting for our next little =
excursion to Bristol :)=20

Managed to get ourselves lost on the way to the venue. Went in totally =
the wrong direction from the station but finally found Oxford Road. =
Found student union which seemed a bit quiet to headed to nearest bar. =
Was hoping to get rid of 2 spare tickets so decided to hang around until =
it got busier outside. It didn't so we headed back to the student union. =
The doorman asked for our student union cards and I replied "Killing =
Joke". He immediately told us to go through and we wandered upstairs and =
down but could find no gig. Finally found out that we were in the wrong =
student union and had to walk about another 20 mins down the road!! Too =
late to sell tickets but luckily didn't miss start of the gig :)=20

Reckon the mention of the mighty Joke filled the doormen at the wrong =
student union with such awe that they let us in!!! Wonder if that would =
work at other venues ;)=20

Sorry Jane I know we said we'd catch up with you in Manchester as you =
had to rush off after Leeds. Hopefully will bump into you somewhere =
soon.=20

Lynne=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C38E47.801A635A

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D818542309-09102003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>Hi=20
Lynne - sorry we did have to rush off, but I am valuing every second of =
sleep I=20
can get this week with having to get up &amp; work. I hate being the =
nagging=20
driver spoiling everybody else's fun, but sometimes it has to be =
done.&nbsp;Last=20
working day today until Tuesday though, so will hopefully be less of a =
party=20
pooper over the long weekend.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D818542309-09102003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D818542309-09102003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>See=20
you in Bristol - meeting in the Hatchet beforehand, =
Jane</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
Purple29pixie@aol.com=20
  [mailto:Purple29pixie@aol.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> 08 October 2003=20
  21:04<BR><B>To:</B> gathering@misera.net<BR><B>Subject:</B> [kj] the =
greatest=20
  live band on the planet!<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><FONT =
face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT=20
  size=3D2>Wicked weekend at Leeds and Manchester. Had based ourselves =
in Leeds so=20
  had extremely fast walk back to station and managed to catch 11.50 =
back to=20
  Leeds. Got back to Essex yesterday, now waiting for our next little =
excursion=20
  to Bristol :) <BR><BR>Managed to get ourselves lost on the way to the =
venue.=20
  Went in totally the wrong direction from the station but finally found =
Oxford=20
  Road. Found student union which seemed a bit quiet to headed to =
nearest bar.=20
  Was hoping to get rid of 2 spare tickets so decided to hang around =
until it=20
  got busier outside. It didn't so we headed back to the student union. =
The=20
  doorman asked for our student union cards and I replied "Killing =
Joke". He=20
  immediately told us to go through and we wandered upstairs and down =
but could=20
  find no gig. Finally found out that we were in the wrong student union =
and had=20
  to walk about another 20 mins down the road!! Too late to sell tickets =
but=20
  luckily didn't miss start of the gig :) <BR><BR>Reckon the mention of =
the=20
  mighty Joke filled the doormen at the wrong student union with such =
awe that=20
  they let us in!!! Wonder if that would work at other venues ;) =
<BR><BR>Sorry=20
  Jane I know we said we'd catch up with you in Manchester as you had to =
rush=20
  off after Leeds. Hopefully will bump into you somewhere soon. =
<BR><BR>Lynne=20
  <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C38E47.801A635A--