[kj] the greatest live band on the planet!

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:04:01 EDT

--part1_65.1a74b2ab.2cb5c7b1_boundary

--part1_65.1a74b2ab.2cb5c7b1_alt_boundary

Wicked weekend at Leeds and Manchester. Had based ourselves in Leeds so had
extremely fast walk back to station and managed to catch 11.50 back to Leeds.
Got back to Essex yesterday, now waiting for our next little excursion to
Bristol :)

Managed to get ourselves lost on the way to the venue. Went in totally the
wrong direction from the station but finally found Oxford Road. Found student
union which seemed a bit quiet to headed to nearest bar. Was hoping to get rid
of 2 spare tickets so decided to hang around until it got busier outside. It
didn't so we headed back to the student union. The doorman asked for our student
union cards and I replied "Killing Joke". He immediately told us to go
through and we wandered upstairs and down but could find no gig. Finally found out
that we were in the wrong student union and had to walk about another 20 mins
down the road!! Too late to sell tickets but luckily didn't miss start of the
gig :)

Reckon the mention of the mighty Joke filled the doormen at the wrong student
union with such awe that they let us in!!! Wonder if that would work at other
venues ;)

Sorry Jane I know we said we'd catch up with you in Manchester as you had to
rush off after Leeds. Hopefully will bump into you somewhere soon.

Lynne

--part1_65.1a74b2ab.2cb5c7b1_alt_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>Wicked weekend at Leeds a=
nd Manchester. Had based ourselves in Leeds so had extremely fast walk back=20=
to station and managed to catch 11.50 back to Leeds. Got back to Essex yeste=
rday, now waiting for our next little excursion to Bristol :)=20
<BR>
<BR>Managed to get ourselves lost on the way to the venue. Went in totally t=
he wrong direction from the station but finally found Oxford Road. Found stu=
dent union which seemed a bit quiet to headed to nearest bar. Was hoping to=20=
get rid of 2 spare tickets so decided to hang around until it got busier out=
side. It didn't so we headed back to the student union. The doorman asked fo=
r our student union cards and I replied "Killing Joke". He immediately told=20=
us to go through and we wandered upstairs and down but could find no gig. Fi=
nally found out that we were in the wrong student union and had to walk abou=
t another 20 mins down the road!! Too late to sell tickets but luckily didn'=
t miss start of the gig :)
<BR>
<BR>Reckon the mention of the mighty Joke filled the doormen at the wrong st=
udent union with such awe that they let us in!!! Wonder if that would work a=
t other venues ;)
<BR>
<BR>Sorry Jane I know we said we'd catch up with you in Manchester as you ha=
d to rush off after Leeds. Hopefully will bump into you somewhere soon.
<BR>
<BR>Lynne
<BR>
<BR></FONT></HTML>