[kj] a bouquet for bpf

fluw gathering@misera.net
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 21:49:37 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

haha
=20
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Alex Smith=20
To: gathering@misera.net ; gathering@misera.net ; gathering@misera.net=20
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 7:48 PM
Subject: [kj] I JUST MET BIG PAUL!!!!!

True fucking story, I shit you not.....

Just coming out of Tower Video on 4th Street and Lafayette and waiting at a=
 stoplight on the corner....grumbling at the fact that I was stopped by the=
 bagcheckers despite the fact that I had a receipt for the goods I puchased=
 (a DVD of Brian DePalma's "Frantic"), I look to my right, and who is stand=
ing beside me, with close-cropped blonde spikey hair and a slightly bug-eye=
d expression....FUCKING BIG PAUL FERGUSON. I stammer out..."Uh, excuse me, =
are you Paul Ferguson?" All smiles, he says yeah and we shake hands. I expl=
ain that I'm a massive Killing Joke fan and apologize for accosting him out=
 of the blue, having heard that he doesn't like being accosted. "I can't im=
agine who told you that," he replied in the nicest of ways. I asked what he=
's up to now (not mentioning the Joke at all), and he says: "I working on s=
culpture restoration." With that, the light had changed. I told him it was =
a great honor and a pleasure to meet him and off he went, not looking the r=
ock star in the slightest.

I know it was only a split-second exchange, but he seemed completely cool, =
mellow and personable.

TOP THAT!!

Alex in NYC