[kj] Re: [kj]Glasgow setlist 04-10-03

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 13:36:08 +0100

It happens at so many gigs now... or at least the "bigger" gigs. Radio=20
Birdman in London the other week had to go on at 8pm... ridiculous! I heard=
=20
some people behind me talking during the encore... "apparently they've been=
=20
on for ages"... oops! Their first London gig in 25 years, and people missed=
=20
most of it 'cos of the early start!     So often we're missing out on the=20
last few songs 'cos of this curfew pish... I've missed Hawkwind do one of=20
my faves "Born To Go" 'cos of this, the Joke doing "Asteroid" and "Follow=20
The Leaders", a whopping 45min of NoMeansNo classics (the latter part of=20
the set contained numerous faves of mine... but no, it was disco-time=20
instead), The Dickies doing about 20 songs (stopped 5mins early, heh heh),=
=20
Misfits, Turbonegro... fucking hell, just about every gig at these sorta=20
places leaves us short-changed!    It's been happening for years now, ever=
=20
since the venues/clubs realised they could fleece TWO lots of people per=20
night for over-priced water/lager mix.  There's only a handful of venues=20
left now where the gig is the main focus of the night and bands go on at a=
=20
suitably late hour. Eeeeh, it's all changed since I were a lad... used to=20
be all fields round this way etc etc etc.      Still, it fucking pisses me=
=20
off as you may already know!

Dave

At 07:55 06/10/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm worried about this very syndrome at the NYC gig, being that the
>headliners are some Canadian cock-jockeys called The New Deal, who are
>essentially a "dance/club" act.
>
>People suck!
>
>Alex in NYC
>

>----------
> >From: gingoblin@easynet.co.uk
> >To: gathering@misera.net
> >Subject: Re: [kj] Re: [kj]Glasgow setlist 04-10-03
> >Date: Mon, Oct 6, 2003, 6:50 AM
> >

> >Yeah, fucking great gig... but yet again stopped early cos of some=
 fucking
> >pish glorified disco afterwards. This happens so often nowadays... not=
 only
> >do we suffer the early start, thus missing that pre-gig warmup in the
> >boozer, we get short-changed 'cos some disco-dancing motherfucker can't
> >wait an extra 15mins so that those of us who've paid =A315 actually get=
 the
> >full fucking show our hard-earned cash went on. My, that was a long
> >sentence.  Judging by the other setlists, we missed out on Asteroid and
> >(even worse) Follow The Leaders.   Fucking shit fucking clubs, fuck
> >'em!   There, I feel better now...
> >Next show for me is Dublin... no early start/early finish I hope!
> >
> >Dave
> >

> >At 18:25 05/10/2003 -0400, you wrote:
> >>This is the set list KJ played in Glasgow last night.The order of the
> >>songs could be out in a couple of places.They played an absolutely
> >>blistering show and the band all really seemed to enjoy themselves.Jaz=
 was
> >>on top form, telling the crowd that England only wanted Scotland for her
> >>oil to help pay the bills and that we should all strive for CHANGE!=
 Which