[kj] 3rd of Oct Liverpool Gig Report !!!

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Fri, 03 Oct 2003 23:59:59 +0100

Well, just got back from the Liverpool gig. Had a great time, crowd was a
little stuffy at first but soon got back into it. I found it kind of hypnotic
at first but I too got into it after a short time. I was stood right at the
front and it was the first time I've used ear-plugs, though when DARS played I
took them out as that was the track I was most looking forward to hearing live
for the first time and I wasn't disappointed :)

Anyway, for some reason I was expecting to perhaps recognise Lisa or Jane but
of course there was no way I could as I've never met them and never seen any
pics. Just in case you saw me, I think I had the only black long-sleeved
Extremities tour shirt on plus the wife was with me and at over 6ft in her
heels you might just have seen her at least ;)

So, the gig? Fantastic. DARS was just amazing, and they even played Whiteout
which pleased me no end. The whole gig was right up there despite the fact the
place didn't seem as full as it could be. Anyway, we only went to this gig
right at the last moment, booking our tickets at 3pm today and picking them up
on the door. We'll be there at the Manchester gig, so if anyone wants to at
least say hello, let me know.

Just one for Alex, who always disagree with this but... They played Kings &
Queens tonight and it's the perfect example as I've always said, of why if you
like KJ, you HAVE to see them live as studio recordings are a mere shadow of
their liver performance. To me, K&Q is a reasonable studio track, but live it
takes on a whole different character and becomes, instead of a relatively
lightweight (for KJ), a true heavyweight with driving rhythms, pounding
bass/drums, complex melodies and an enthusiastic performance by Jaz.

Darrin

Sent with "Me-Mail", Boltblue's FREE mobile messaging service.
http://www.boltblue.com