[kj] KJ NYC MEET

Alex Smith gathering@misera.net
Fri, 03 Oct 2003 11:31:33 -0500

AGGGHH!!! How can you never have heard Shriekback!?!?! Get thyself a copy of
OIL & GOLD at ONCE!!!!!

Ex-members of Xtc, Gang of Four and the Damend playing skewed, demented
funk.

Never mind their later stuff (though there were still moments of brilliance
among the detritus and dubious KC & the Sunshine Band covers). OIL & GOLD
remains one of my favorite undersung albums of the 80's. You may recognize
some of the quieter bits from the soundtrack to "Manhunter" (if that means
anything to you).

Alex in NYC.....Shriekback fan!