[kj] KJ@CMJinNYC

Alex Smith gathering@misera.net
Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:08:43 -0500

--MS_Mac_OE_3147952123_611904_MIME_Part

MIKE: My friend got back to me about the hotel he stayed at. It's called THE
MARCEL, and it's on 24th street. Here's the link:

http://www.freenewyorkhotelguide.com/marcel-hotel.html

...he said the rooms should run as cheap as $115.00 a night

Below find the message I sent out regarding the plan for the NYC gig:

***** OUTSTANDING! *****

So, right now we got: MIKE COLES, Myself, Dirk, Cliff, Todd Fluw, Devacor,
New Guy Mike, Stuart, maybe the Exorcist.....and Jester Joe (you're going to
be there, right???)

As mentioned, I'm currently holding tix for myself, Cliff and Dirk.  The
rest of you should get on that chop chop. Let me know if I can help if
you're having trouble and need assistance.

I'm actually going to be away from October 11th until October 18th (I'm
flying over to pick up my wife from her conference in Frankfurt, and then
we're going to Paris for a few days -- the last larf before parenthood takes
hold). I'll be back on Saturday the 18th. But, I'm going to send out the
plan now, so print all this shit out.

I'm proposing:

We meet up at around 5pm at THE CENTRAL BAR (109 East 9th Street between
Third Avenue and Fourth Avenue). It's not the hippest, sexiest, punkest,
most rock'n'roll bar in New York City (in fact, it's none of those things),
but it's big, easy to find, generic and a two minute walk from the venue.
It's basically just a big Irish pub. There *ARE* cooler bars to hang out in,
but maybe we'll go investigate those later on in the evening. I'll be there
from 5pm on, so for those of you whose tickets I'm holding (Dirk & Cliff)
come find me there. They also serve food here, so you can fortify your
stomach before drinking. I suggest we meet up there, hang
out/drink/eat/whathaveyou until the doors open, then repair to the Webster
Hall for the show.

In Manhattan, to get to the Central Bar (109 east 9th Street):

*If you're travelling by subway, it can be easily reached by the #6 train
stop at ASTOR PLACE. Just get out at Astor Place, and walk *NORTH* to 9th
street, and hang a right. It's right next to a shitty record store called
EIGHTBALL (they only sell dance music). The Central Bar has a big Irish flag
waving out in front. Ya can't miss it.

*If you're on the N or R or W line subway, get off at 8th Street. This will
leave you at 8th Street and Broadway. Walk *EAST* until you get to Astor
Place (a big open square with a cube sculpture in the middle). From there
walk *NORTH* to 9th street and hang a right. Once again, it's right next to
a shitty record store called EIGHTBALL (they only sell dance music). The
Central Bar has a big Irish flag waving out in front. Ya can't miss it.

*If you decide to take a cab, just tell him 9th street between 3rd and 4th
Avenues.

* If you're walking and are unfamiliar with Manhattan, just keep calm and
remember that the streets follow a chronological grid pattern (unless you're
further downtown, but don't worry about that).

Take my cell phone number if you get lost or have a problem: (917)-691-9335

Incidentally, since I've never met any of you swarthy swine, I look like
this:

http://www.misera.net/ail/galleries/alexinlondon/alex_rob_tube.jpg

I'm the idiot on the left in the leather jacket. In fact, I'll invariably be
wearing that same leather jacket, and I've decided I'll be sporting the red
Malicious Damage clock t-shirt underneath, so ya can't miss me.

Problems? Questions? Concerns? Epiphanies? E-mail me
(vassifer@earthlink.net) or call on cell phone above.

I'll send this out again prior to the date, but just in case, here's all the
info.

Cheers and lookin' forward to it!

Alex in NYC