[kj] "a very dubious character"

J.Paul Owens gathering@misera.net
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:43:50 +0000

>KJ were also my intro to the old boy (so we're not taking this offlist,
>it's 'Class A' ON-TOPIC ;). Around >79/80 there was a Sounds or NME listing
>by Jaz of his top 10 influences - anyone got access/link to this?

It was in Melody Maker and was called 'Heros' although Jaz said, "...these
are GODS!!...".

Antoni has this and posts a link to it every 6 months regular as clockwork.
The other ten included Albert Speer, Wagner,Mishima; DH Lawrence for the
book 'Apocalypse' , David Wood for his Rennes-leChateau book 'Genisis'
("...the band are obsessed with it...")  and  Geordie. The others escape me
at the moment but I'm sure Antoni will post the URL.

I have to say that considering what an influence The Beast was on Killing
Joke I have always been mystified about how little he is discussed round
these parts.

john-paul