[kj] OT: Best Banshees tune AND I ROADIED FOR THE BANSHEES

Amy Moseley Rupp gathering@misera.net
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:53:26 -0600 (CST)

> After reading this Siouxsie And The Banshees thread, i got to wondering what it'd be like to have a sort of "Band Of The Week" thread on here.Seems like there's so many of you out there that know an almost endless amount of bands.It'd be fun to sit back and get to hear about something/someone that i might not have otherwise been exposed to yet.

I think it'd be great.

Could we get everyone to *agree* on a band?  It'd also be nice to
do old and new.  Some of the bands y'all bring up as influential
or seminal I've never heard of, or really gotten into.  For
example -- The Stranglers.  I have a picture of my sweetie aged
14 wearing a Stranglers t-shirt.  But what albums and/or songs
are good?  Used to be I had time to go to our uni's library and
even back in the 80s they had a music listening library where
you could directly request any album they had be played; you
then plugged into a headphone jack at a carousel, sat down and
listened.  Some studied but I can't do both at the same time ;-)
You could look up at a TV monitor which listed out the channels
and what was on which channel, so if something of interest came
on, you could flip over -- of course, you'd land wherever the
album (usually, vinyl) was playing at the time, none of this
digital on-demand repositioning -- but it was a good way to
sample music.

Oh for the days when I had time to go to the library! :-)