[kj] Re: Kings and F*cking Queens!

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Fri, 30 May 2003 08:51:47 +1000

Yeah, great to see the long awaited Knaves Mix finally break the surface
and fall into our eager hands.  Thanks to whoever found it and made it
available.

Pity that it's a piece of shit.  It's an extrodinarily amateurish remix
that's purely for the completists.  It's disjointed and poorly produced
and, after looking for years and years for this track, ultimately bitterly
disappointing.

In fact, things on the Killing Joke front aren't looking all that
promising:  two cheesy band photos from the forthcoming album, a totally
flaccid album cover so completely removed from "traditional" Joke imagery
as to be laughable, and the lamentable Loose Cannon release as a single
which will not do the band too many favours.  Implant is pretty good -
there's some trademark Jaz Coleman anti-authority rage which, I hope, is
more indicative of the album to come.  Let's hope Killing Joke aren't the
new Spinal Tap.

-S

~Analysis, Paralysis~

---------------------- Forwarded by Scott Lambeth/CO/HIC on 30/05/2003