[kj] Loose Cannon/18/excuse me

Fuck all utilitarians gathering@misera.net
Thu, 29 May 2003 23:52:06 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C3263D.4FBDB880

Have to say that Loose Cannon is really doing it for me - much better =
than the original.
I'm hearing a lot of stuff about other bands - good I'll have to check =
them out.

But when resting my head to pillow I put to rest the adrenalin drenched =
thuggery of Joke and go for this:
Steve Reich - "18"=20

I make connections actually - Joke for me is all about layered texture =
and insistence on a sort of minimalist level ie Dregs/Change Communion =
to name but a few favourites.  Reich is similar in broad schematics, but =
the departure is where Joke leaves me wanting to hit the cunts of this =
world, Reich is elegiac.  Kick back with a spliff and listen the whole =
way through - you won't be disappointed.

Personally I would love to hear more experimental symphonic stuff from =
Jaz.

Night.

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C3263D.4FBDB880

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Have to say that Loose Cannon is really doing it for =
me - much=20
better than the original.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I'm hearing a lot of stuff about other bands - good =
I'll have=20
to check them out.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>But when resting my head to pillow I put to rest the =
adrenalin=20
drenched thuggery of Joke and go for this:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Steve Reich - "18" </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I make connections actually - Joke for me is all =
about layered=20
texture and insistence on a sort of minimalist level ie Dregs/Change =
Communion=20
to name but a few favourites.&nbsp; Reich is similar in broad =
schematics, but=20
the departure is where Joke leaves me wanting to hit the cunts of this =
world,=20
Reich is&nbsp;elegiac.&nbsp; Kick back with a spliff and listen the =
whole way=20
through - you won't be disappointed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Personally I would love to hear more experimental =
symphonic=20
stuff from Jaz.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Night.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C3263D.4FBDB880--