[kj] new Killing Joke---about FRIGGIN` TIME!

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Wed, 28 May 2003 17:25:37 EDT

--part1_105.2f6ce6a0.2c068351_boundary

I've been lurking for a while....moved a few times...and all that jazz..but
it's about damn time that a new Killing Joke is finally coming out.  I've been
on this list since almost the beginning...and it's about time another joke
album that ISN'T a fucking compilation is here to hash about.

My dos pesos about the two songs so far...

I REALLY like these songs, it feels like they've regained that good ol` piss
and vinegar attitude towards the world again.   It's nice to see the agression
back in the music...I mean...i fucked loved most of democracy though it was a
little...well...lighter than i was hoping for..   But these new tracks remind
me what made me love this band in the first place...  It almost seems like
the are going back to the sound of the first few albums again..which is fine
with me (especially Implant..that song is a fucking corker!).  The only time I
met Geordie (on the Damage Manual tour) ..i asked him what his favorite KJ album
was...and he said "What's THIS for?"...which leads me to believe he's heading
back to his more primal form of playing.  So give the lad a break..I'm sure
there will be his normal "open chord" chiming playing on the the album..but let
him get meaty again too!  remember how the started out...as a punk band....
 so remember your roots... nice and angry:..how can you not get pissed of
these days with a fuckhead like Dubya in office? :)

(of course some smart ass could say that dub  and new wave was more of an
influence, blah blah blah..i know)

ALL HAIL KILLING JOKE..the kings have returned to reclaim their crown

all those who know me...write back...much catching up is needed...

-bill

--part1_105.2f6ce6a0.2c068351_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
<BR>
I've been lurking for a while....moved a few times...and all that jazz..but=20=
it's about damn time that a new Killing Joke is finally coming out.&nbsp; I'=
ve been on this list since almost the beginning...and it's about time anothe=
r joke album that ISN'T a fucking compilation is here to hash about. <BR>
<BR>
My dos pesos about the two songs so far...<BR>
<BR>
I REALLY like these songs, it feels like they've regained that good ol` piss=
 and vinegar attitude towards the world again.&nbsp;&nbsp; It's nice to see=20=
the agression back in the music...I mean...i fucked loved most of democracy=20=
though it was a little...well...lighter than i was hoping for..&nbsp;&nbsp;=20=
But these new tracks remind me what made me love this band in the first plac=
e...&nbsp; It almost seems like the are going back to the sound of the first=
 few albums again..which is fine with me (especially Implant..that song is a=
 fucking corker!).&nbsp; The only time I met Geordie (on the Damage Manual t=
our) ..i asked him what his favorite KJ album was...and he said "What's THIS=
 for?"...which leads me to believe he's heading back to his more primal form=
 of playing.&nbsp; So give the lad a break..I'm sure there will be his norma=
l "open chord" chiming playing on the the album..but let him get meaty again=
 too!&nbsp; remember how the started out...as a punk band....&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp; so remember your roots... nice and angry:..how can you not get pissed of=
 these days with a fuckhead like Dubya in office? :)<BR>
<BR>
(of course some smart ass could say that dub&nbsp; and new wave was more of=20=
an influence, blah blah blah..i know)<BR>
<BR>
ALL HAIL KILLING JOKE..the kings have returned to reclaim their crown<BR>
<BR>
all those who know me...write back...much catching up is needed...<BR>
<BR>
-bill<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_105.2f6ce6a0.2c068351_boundary--