[kj] Living in the A-T's

Alexander Smith gathering@misera.net
Wed, 28 May 2003 16:52:43 -0500

--MS_Mac_OE_3136985564_509427_MIME_Part

Sir Michael of Coles, o he that wields the vorpal paintbrush taunted so:

(1) What is the building on the front (and back) of the "Eighties" sleeve?
You should know that Alex, it's in NYC just like you.

And ever since then, I've been trying to pinpoint the imposing edifice in
question out NYC's rather healthy supply of imposing edifices.

My first guess was the AT&T building on Canal Street, which sort've made
perverse sense when ya think about it: ("Living in the AYY-TEES, A-T's, A
+T......geddit?), but I'm not convinced said communications stronghold was
actually called the AT&T building way back in those balmy days of 1984.

My second guess is the main building of Rockefeller Center, formerly known
as the RCA Building (now referred to as the G.E. Building).

Please....spare me from this miserable pursuit of trivia......WHAT BUILDING
IS IT????

Alex in NYC

--MS_Mac_OE_3136985564_509427_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>[kj] Living in the A-T's</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
<BR>
Sir Michael of Coles, o he that wields the vorpal paintbrush taunted so:<BR=

<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><B><I>(1) What is the building on the fro=
nt (and back) of the &quot;Eighties&quot; sleeve?<BR>
You should know that Alex, it's in NYC just like you.<BR>
</I></B></FONT><BR>
<BR>
And ever since then, I've been trying to pinpoint the imposing edifice in q=
uestion out NYC's rather healthy supply of imposing edifices.<BR>
<BR>
My first guess was the AT&amp;T building on Canal Street, which sort've mad=
e perverse sense when ya think about it: (&quot;Living in the AYY-TEES, A-T'=
s, A +T......geddit?), but I'm not convinced said communications stronghold =
was actually called the AT&amp;T building way back in those balmy days of 19=
84.<BR>
<BR>
My second guess is the main building of Rockefeller Center, formerly known =
as the RCA Building (now referred to as the G.E. Building).<BR>
<BR>
Please....spare me from this miserable pursuit of trivia......WHAT BUILDING=
 IS IT????<BR>
<BR>
Alex in NYC<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3136985564_509427_MIME_Part--