[kj] Peel sessions

Antoni Adamiak gathering@misera.net
Tue, 27 May 2003 22:19:53 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "JOKERS PUB CAFE" <circusbar@uol.com.br>
To: <gathering@misera.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 10:09 PM
Subject: [kj] Fall of Because - live version

How many peel sessions did they recorded, and whose were the songs on each
one????

#1 1980 (Pssyche, Wardance, Nuclear Boy, Malicious Boogie)
#2 1980 (Change, Tomorrow's World, Complications)
#3 1981 (Butcher, Tension, The Fall Of Because)
#4 1981 (The Hum, We Have Joy, Chop Chop, Empire Song)
#5 1983 (Dominator, Frenzy, Harlequin, Wilful Days)

#1 was early 1980 or maybe earlier, late 1979 ? (just before my time) - I
remember hearing #2 probably in about April or May 1980 - again #3 was at
least a couple of months before WTF whilst #4 was December 1981. Quality.
These sessions (as with most bands that recorded for John Peel) gave the
listener a sneak preview of the new material - certainly I've always
preferred the versions in #3 to the WTF album. #4 made it's way onto the
original "Unperverted Pantomime" tape & was titled "The End". #5 was
different is respect that it came out AFTER the Fire Dances album although
Wilful Days was a brand new track - and was quite different to the version
that came out on vinyl & the compilation CD of the same name.

Additionally KJ recorded a session for the Richard Skinner show on BBC1
during 1981 (he did the 8 to 10 slot whilst Peelie did the 10 to midnight
shift) - this session which appeared after #3 contained Unspeakable, Exit
and another slower version of Tension.

Then in 1994, Killing Joke also did a live session on the Mark Radcliffe
show, which featured Communion, Whiteout, Exorcism and Pssyche - this
predated Pandemonium by several months as Jaz confirmed the album had been
put back.

Regards,

Antoni

* http://home.clara.net/antoni/ *