[kj] album cover

pr 001 gathering@misera.net
Sat, 24 May 2003 06:14:54 -0400

my first response was "is that it?!". it's like someone said to the graphic
designer go and make a cover based on this joker and after a few hours they
came back with i've put it on a yellow background what do you think of that?
they could have done _something_ with it!

i'm totally with alex and rob and jon and anyone else who thinks what they
hey let's give them a break it's the music that counts and all that but
still it could have been better particularly as we all know colesy could
have rattled off a superior effort in ten minutes or so.

i'm glad it doesn't have the band on it, not just because those photos were
rather poor or because they're getting on a bit but also because it's just
not what the band is about. so it's better than three of their covers.

oh, well. the 'revelations' cover wasn't the most creative thing i've ever
seen (i'm not saying i don't like it, but it's pretty simple) but the album
was the best album of all time so ... i can't help but suggest we all heed
alex's advice and be overjoyed that we are in the gloriously unlikely
situation of actually being able to slag off the new album cover!