[kj] HA

Antoni Adamiak gathering@misera.net
Thu, 22 May 2003 21:22:50 +0100

What's in the old man's bag ? (okay, Jerry you're not that old)  :O)

I'm gonna get my (imaginary) anorak on now ... if there is something that
needs some TLC or at least a new lease of life it's "HA" - think about it -
forget about the re-catalogued (Virgin) CD reissues of Revelations (EGCD59)
& Fire Dances (EGCD60)
- they were really EGMD3 and EGMD5 - of course, the 10" HA was EGMDT4. In
this day & age of CD reissues, I think it would be a great idea to dig a few
more tracks out from Larry's Hideaway, Toronto (9th & 10th August 1982) to
create a 60+ minutes re-issue CD. Forget Valac Van Der-filed Veene's
vitriolic attack on the vinyl. Always thought it captured a well- oiled
machine in it's prime. Pssyche, Sun Goes down, Pandys, Take Take Take,
Unspeakable & Wardance. Wasn't "The Fall Of Because (live)" also from
there - we also had an MP3 of Birds Of A Feather posted. I've got some video
footage from a Canadian TV show (presumably there) with an excerpt of The
Hum - some stills @ http://home.clara.net/antoni/kjstubs.html .
Whatever technical problems resulted in it becoming a mini-LP surely there
was enough "warts n'all" audio to make an LP.

Whilst on the subject, has anyone got a nice scan of the HA cover ? Anything
bigger than 500x500 pels will do nicely for my homepage cos I can't scan the
whole 10" sleeve so I nicked a JPG off Mr Dupras' site but it's a bit on the
dark side.

Regards,

Antoni

* http://home.clara.net/antoni/ *