[kj] interview

Jel gathering@misera.net
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:07:27 +0100

November 2004 cant come soon
enough.

Joe...could i just draw you too the point of....2003 The Year Of The
Joke..dont get this year over with too quickly mate! We've waited long
enough.

Jel
----- Original Message -----
From: Jester <webmaster@killing-joke.com>
To: <gathering@misera.net>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: [kj] interview

On 06/27/2003 2:18 PM, "Mark Kolmar" <mark@burningrome.com> wrote:

It
> does not appear at this time that the threat from Iraq was imminent.  (If
> new, credible information comes through, I would be willing to entertain
> it.)

I wouldnąt. At this point, after about three months of searching, nothing
has been found. If something magically appears, it is more likely we planted
it there, to escape the impending heat of an investigation. There are now
claims, remember, that Bush had evidence altered so he could start this war.

> So it seems likely that Bush and Blair would have been able to
> generate broader, deeper support in due course.
>
> Wall St. Journal types would chime in here to say:  So, Mr. Kolmar, you
> were in favor of keeping a murderous dictator in power.  And I would say,
> no, I was in favor of removing a thorn from the world's collective ass,
> but in such a way that it would not disturb international alliances or
> create rifts in the way that it did.

At this point Marc, I couldnąt agree with that statement more. I think it
boils down to the simple concept of "call it what it is". We went in there
with the objective of removing a world wide threat, then when it becomes
obvious that the threat is no longer there, the main objective turns to
"liberation". Fuck, just should have called it that to be gin with. My
current, personal motto is simply, "Support the troops, but impeach the
pres." There is a RIGHT and a WRONG way to do things....

That said, I am glad Sadam was finally dealt with to this degree, and I have
to say, I fully agree with what Jel said earlier. Hell, I have been saying
turn the mid east desert to glass for damn near two years now. But the way
Bush went about it was completely fucked. That ass clown does make me
ashamed to be from this state, and him being our most visible citizen world
wide, is an embarrassment on a whole new level. November 2004 cant come soon
enough.