[kj] HA! out of Print

Alexander Smith gathering@misera.net
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:24:38 -0500

I've been biting my tongue about this for a while, but I was approached
recently by Firewater's label, JetSet records about a possible offshoot
project wherein they would re-release albums that are now criminally
out-of-print or otherwise unavailable on compact disc (much like Henry
Rollins/Rick Rubin's Infinite Zero label that re-introduced Gang of Four,
Suicide and Devo to the marketplace). In any event, I told them I'd map out
a few ideas off the top of my head, and of course HA! was among them. I
submitted that list last week, and am waiting to hear back, but if any of
you can think of out-of-print albums that would be ripe for such a
treatment, please let me know *OFFLIST* (vassifer@earthlink.net) and it'd be
much appreaciated. This is all still in the rough idea stage, so don't get
too excited.

For what it's worth, these are some of the other titles I recommended.

In no particular order.....

- 1984: For the Love of Big Brother by the Eurythmics.
- Miami by the Gun Club
- No New York by Various Artists
- Belfegore  by Belfegore
- Teen Babes from Monsanto by Redd Kross
- Third Eye by Redd Kross
- The Ladd-Frith Tapes by Mr.Bungle
- A Fierce Pancake by Stump
- Dark Continent by Wall of Voodoo
- Jerky Versions of a Dream by Howard Devoto

....and pretty much anything currently out of print by....
- Rip Rig + Panic
- The Feelies
- The Soft Boys
- Game Theory