[kj] mpga -> mp3? (OT)

Rob Moss gathering@misera.net
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 05:04:56 -0700 (PDT)

Not sure quite what you mean. Do you mean taking the audio off mpeg (something like off a live track so as to make a live MP3)? If so, cool edit can do that which I know you have. You just import the audio. Email me f you have a prob.

Also, MP3PRO can create smaller files but maintains the quality (I can't tell the difference) BUT you need to have a player that plays MP3PRO files. MP3PRO on an MP3 player can sound shitty. Music Match Jukebox (which is free) can play em (and can also convert WAV and MP3 to MP3PRO).

If you want me to create the MP3PRO files for you, I can - coming to think of it, I think cool edit can do this too.

End of ramble.