[kj] interview

pr 001 gathering@misera.net
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 05:17:06 -0400

>From: "fluw" <fluwdot@earthlink.net>
>
>oh i wouldn't say it is offensive to suggest,

i do. and there are people on this list who lost close relatives on 9-11 i
wonder how they feel about it. also, he wasn't suggesting it, he was stating
it as fact. (well, i haven't heard the interview actually, but that's the
impression i got from the quote.)

>history tells us the likelihood that it WASN'T staged is rare.

how does history tell us this? you're going to have to elaborate on this
claim, todd. and don't just say JFK.

>but i think the term he used, 'staged', is what is incorrect...more like
>the hijackers where accommodated, their plans harbored, and covertly
>accompliced.

yes, but he DID use the term "staged" and so did you. he is claiming that
the powers that be convinced a bunch of arab zealots to give up their own
lives so that the USA may invade two arab nations.

like i said, it would be reasonable to suggest that it is possible the
americans allowed it to happen, but to even state that as hard fact betrays
a hopelessly deluded mind. to flat out claim that is was perpetrated by the
USA is nothing short of mental illness. that's how consipiracy theorists
give themselves away, they don't suggest things as possible but state them
as unquestionable.

someone really needs to give jaz a slap in the face and tell him to stop
pretending he's noam chomsky because he isn't. i prefer his more personal
lyrics, his geopolitics bore me. and he's doing the anti-war movement harm
by making them look stupid. for example, i agree that technically blair is a
war criminal by the definition, but when you make that powerful accusation
alongside such ridiculous claptrap you weaken its effect.