[kj] asteroid / metal hammer

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:05:01 EDT

--part1_7f.3931f840.2c2b303d_boundary

OK, having humiliated myself in a newsagent by asking if they had Metal
Hammer ("of course sir, are you buying that for your daughter?") I thought I'd
share the info with y'all. You know you want me to. (And no, the guy in the
newsagent didn't actually say that about my daughter, but I reckon he was thinking
it.)

Killing Joke
'Asteroid'
Who are they? Only one of the most influential post-punk bands of the last
twenty years.
Musical Style: Industrial punk, tapping into the zeitgeist of wanton
rebellion.
Also: Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl originally intended to play drums on just
three tracks of Joke's eponymously titled new album, but loved it so much that he
did the whole thing! Amazing drumming.
Taken from the album 'Killing Joke' out July 28th on Zuma.

I've listened to the whole cd, and what strikes me is that Killing Joke
actually sound like they belong on the cd. They're loads better than the other
stuff (of course!!!) but I suspect they may hit the jackpot with the metal kids.

Asteroid rocks, by the way. Driving, grinding Killing Joke. Listening to it I
can clearly see the heaving, sweaty mob.

I cannot fuckin' wait. Killing Joke are back, and there is going to be big
trouble down the front.

Hahaha. So I'll be standing at the bar with a shandy.

I have got this feeling, which I haven't had for so long I'd forgotten quite
what it's like: The feeling that the perfect fusion of rage, joy, beauty,
conquest is upon us again. It will be at its height in those last few seconds as
the sound system fades out mid-track, and the Joke's intro music starts
(whatever it'll be this time), and suddenly you're pushing your way further forward,
grinning at the crowd around you, and you see the same light in their eyes...
and then for an hour we'll lose ourselves.

It's good to be back... hahahaha.

Jamie

--part1_7f.3931f840.2c2b303d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"FIXED" FACE=3D"=
Courier New" LANG=3D"0">OK, having humiliated myself in a newsagent by askin=
g if they had Metal Hammer ("of course sir, are you buying that for your dau=
ghter?") I thought I'd share the info with y'all. You know you want me to. (=
And no, the guy in the newsagent didn't actually say that about my daughter,=
 but I reckon he was thinking it.)<BR>
<BR>
Killing Joke<BR>
'Asteroid'<BR>
Who are they? Only one of the most influential post-punk bands of the last t=
wenty years.<BR>
Musical Style: Industrial punk, tapping into the zeitgeist of wanton rebelli=
on.<BR>
Also: Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl originally intended to play drums on just thr=
ee tracks of Joke's eponymously titled new album, but loved it so much that=20=
he did the whole thing! Amazing drumming.<BR>
Taken from the album 'Killing Joke' out July 28th on Zuma.<BR>
<BR>
I've listened to the whole cd, and what strikes me is that Killing Joke actu=
ally sound like they belong on the cd. They're loads better than the other s=
tuff (of course!!!) but I suspect they may hit the jackpot with the metal ki=
ds.<BR>
<BR>
Asteroid rocks, by the way. Driving, grinding Killing Joke. Listening to it=20=
I can clearly see the heaving, sweaty mob.<BR>
<BR>
I cannot fuckin' wait. Killing Joke are back, and there is going to be big t=
rouble down the front.<BR>
<BR>
Hahaha. So I'll be standing at the bar with a shandy.<BR>
<BR>
I have got this feeling, which I haven't had for so long I'd forgotten quite=
 what it's like: The feeling that the perfect fusion of rage, joy, beauty, c=
onquest is upon us again. It will be at its height in those last few seconds=
 as the sound system fades out mid-track, and the Joke's intro music starts=20=
(whatever it'll be this time), and suddenly you're pushing your way further=20=
forward, grinning at the crowd around you, and you see the same light in the=
ir eyes... and then for an hour we'll lose ourselves.<BR>
<BR>
It's good to be back... hahahaha.<BR>
<BR>
Jamie</FONT></HTML>