[kj] Oh I might as well ask

pr 001 gathering@misera.net
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:38:29 -0400

>From: "Jerry" <jerry@vane-recordings.com>
>
>Thinking aloud.
>
>I need detailed track lists of any cassettes/CDs etc. of unreleased tracks
>and mixes anyone has. I'm thinking of the What's This For dub mixes,
>anything with May Day or Tomorrow Was Yesterday (?) on it, any more stuff
>Colesy might have dug up, what sort of thing so I can give some pointers to
>a man who needs to know.

it's 'today is forever'. the quality is very poor though jerry i really
think it's too crap to go on an official release. raven said the master tape
got stolen from a party. so i doubt a good quality version could be located.
in other words, unless cartlon & co. have some seriously good software for
cleaning tracks up you're probably better off just forgetting about this
one. but i'll send you it if you really want.

i think i'll have to get back to you for the full details. but basically
there are demos for WTF! like you say, also OTG and PANDEMONIUM. and 'turn
to red' and 'nervous system' but they're a bit crap.

>I know about the stuff on Unspeakable but can anyone think of any
>tracks/mixes they have good reason they believe to exist (I'm thinking
>there may be studio versions of songs performed live such as The Hive etc.
>and sessions such as New Culture).

i'm pretty pessimistic about you finding any studio recordings of these i'm
sorry to say but good luck. (personally i think it would be better if some
of the bands on this list did studio cover versions and we put the all
together on a cd.)

>Also I need some opinion: if there were to be a live CD would y'all rather
>have Ha expanded with extra stuff or all new stuff with Ha saved up for its
>own release later on (which may never happen anyway)?

ha+ for me please.