[kj] Re: beloved democracy

death wish gathering@misera.net
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:38:12 +0000

<P>The best review I read of Democracy said half of it was disappointing and the other half was the best thing ever. At the time I felt divided too - didn't love the title track single (thought the refrain was the duffest thing since the America refrain,) and thought the lyrics to Intellect were woefully lame. However, I liked the tunes well enough (particularly Intellect,) and loved the bulk of the remaining tracks, yes&nbsp;- even including Lanterns which I thought was great fun and I'm happy to see KJ walking over similar terrain in You'll Never Get To Me. </P>
<P>I think a lot of the negative energy surrounding the album, fan-wise is that they didn't tour it properly. Hell, in the few boots that exist, they only seem to be playing two or three songs from it.</P>
<P>T.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<DIV>&gt;So, just to make sure, is there anybody out there who actually *likes* </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the democracy-album? What's so bad about it?
<DIV></DIV>