[kj] Another bloody review - mine!

bluce ree gathering@misera.net
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:38:11 +0100 (BST)

--0-1502813569-1059655091=:10817

i never got into 'Roots',  their last good album for me was 'Arise'.  This Killing Joke metal tag is well-founded i'd say.  In so far as it fits in with the new 'Kerrang' version of metal in all it's forms.

Metal riffs, Dave Grohl drumming, the vid being on Kerrang TV and nowhere else, the artwork, the choice of single.  Seems pretty clear to me.  But then KJ played their part in the new metal scene anyway i guess.

Metal these days is a punk/rock/metal/industrial hybrid anyway (you can add pop to that mixture also unfortunately).

The most unique thing about this album is Jaz.  The best vocal performance by anyone in years.

Neil Perry <Neilfperry@btinternet.com> wrote:
I am a metaller - I consider Sepultura's 'Roots' album
to be one of the human race's greatest achievements - and
it depresses me too to see KJ called metal. The only people
who do that are people who never listen to metal.
But I agree with the earlier comment about Geordie being
lazy with the 'metal' riffs.
Then again I'm also a bit of a country fan, so hopefully
that Dolly Parton/KJ collaboration won't be far off. And while
that seems unlikely, if someone had told me in 1981 that Jaz would
one day be conducting the Prague Symphony Orchestra...

fatpotanga wrote:

> I'm not really a 'metaller' either, and find it slightly odd, even
> depressing that i wake up one day and they're suddenly classed as so.
>
> But, I must say I've loved the album from the off, and it just gets better
> and better and better with every listen.
>
> Grohl give the best, most in keeping drumming since big pauls departure.
>
> Thing I love about the Joke is if you listen to their back catalogue there's
> pretty much something for everyone.
> We just need a Hi-NRG Disco or a Cuntree album we've got the full kit

---------------------------------
--0-1502813569-1059655091=:10817

<DIV>i never&nbsp;got into&nbsp;'Roots',&nbsp; their last good album for me was 'Arise'.&nbsp; This Killing Joke&nbsp;metal tag is well-founded i'd say.&nbsp; In so far as it fits in with the new 'Kerrang' version of metal in all it's forms.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Metal riffs, Dave Grohl drumming, the vid being on Kerrang TV and nowhere else, the artwork, the choice of single.&nbsp; Seems pretty clear to me.&nbsp; But then KJ played their part in the new metal scene anyway i guess.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Metal these days is a punk/rock/metal/industrial hybrid anyway (you can add pop to that mixture also unfortunately).&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The most unique thing about this album is Jaz.&nbsp; The best vocal performance by anyone in years.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Neil Perry &lt;Neilfperry@btinternet.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">I am a metaller - I consider Sepultura's 'Roots' album<BR>to be one of the human race's greatest achievements - and<BR>it depresses me too to see KJ called metal. The only people<BR>who do that are people who never listen to metal.<BR>But I agree with the earlier comment about Geordie being<BR>lazy with the 'metal' riffs.<BR>Then again I'm also a bit of a country fan, so hopefully<BR>that Dolly Parton/KJ collaboration won't be far off. And while<BR>that seems unlikely, if someone had told me in 1981 that Jaz would<BR>one day be conducting the Prague Symphony Orchestra...<BR>N<BR><BR>fatpotanga wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; I'm not really a 'metaller' either, and find it slightly odd, even<BR>&gt; depressing that i wake up one day and they're suddenly classed as so.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; But, I must say I've loved the album from the off, and it just gets better<BR>&gt; and better and better with every
--0-1502813569-1059655091=:10817--