[kj] OT: Albummed!

Thomas Kennedy gathering@misera.net
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:17:18 -0700 (PDT)

--0-785306540-1059524238=:160

I was told it's getting released Aug. 4th.....

Tom.

Alexander Smith <vassifer@earthlink.net> wrote:

Irritation! No one here has the new record here yet (French Dave at Rebel
Rebel says "maybe later today!"). In the interim, I HAVE picked up the
following new deescs.

FIRE by the Electric Six -- I don't know about you folks, but I think this
is one of the funniest records I've heard in a dang long time. If you can't
smile at tracks like "She's White", "Naked Pictures (Of Your Mother)",
"Danger!High Voltage" and the singularly hilarious "Gay Bar," you should
verily check thine pulse. Also, there's a sly homage to Gary Numan's "Down
in the Park" in "I Invented the Night." Very entertaining record. Also, how
can you not love a band who calls its guitar player "The Rock'n'Roll
Indian"? It's meaningless stuff, yes, but good for a laugh.

STRAYS by Jane's Addiction -- A little bit of self-plagiarism, an absence of
the visceral immediacy that marked their finest work, and quite a bit of
boredom.

SYMPHONY: ALIVE IV by Kiss -- "Rock'n'Roll Pneumoniaaaaaaaaa?" Rock'n'Roll
Alzheimer's more like. Anyone hear this? Some thoughts:

(1) Paul Stanley really needs to shut up between songs. It used to be
entertaining and unintentionally hilarious. Now it's just depressing.

(2) That's not Ace. It's Tommy Thayer (formerly of hair metal C-Listers,
Black'n'Blue, I believe.....who were once managed by Gene). He's dressed
like Ace. He's throwin' the same poses as Ace. He's trying to play Ace's
parts. But it's not Ace. No it isn't.

(3) Was the world really crying out for symphonic accompaniment to tracks
like "Shandi"? Was the world even wimpering for yet another live version of
"Strutter"? The symphonic mishandling of "Detroit Rock City" is nigh on
unforgivable,....to say nothing of its inherent needlessness.

(4) Shouldn't the piss-poor reception to the Psycho Circus album have tipped
them off that no one really wanted to hear a live version of the title
track?

Cannot wait to get my hands on the new
Joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex in NYC
--0-785306540-1059524238=:160

<DIV>I was told it's getting released Aug. 4th.....</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Tom.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Alexander Smith &lt;vassifer@earthlink.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%"><BR>Irritation! No one here has the new record here yet (French Dave at Rebel<BR>Rebel says "maybe later today!"). In the interim, I HAVE picked up the<BR>following new deescs.<BR><BR><BR>FIRE by the Electric Six -- I don't know about you folks, but I think this<BR>is one of the funniest records I've heard in a dang long time. If you can't<BR>smile at tracks like "She's White", "Naked Pictures (Of Your Mother)",<BR>"Danger!High Voltage" and the singularly hilarious "Gay Bar," you should<BR>verily check thine pulse. Also, there's a sly homage to Gary Numan's "Down<BR>in the Park" in "I Invented the Night." Very entertaining record. Also, how<BR>can you not love a band who calls its guitar player "The Rock'n'Roll<BR>Indian"? It's meaningless stuff, yes, but good for a laugh.<BR><BR>STRAYS by Jane's Addiction -- A little bit of self-plagiarism, an absence of<BR>the visceral immediacy
 that marked their finest work, and quite a bit of<BR>boredom.<BR><BR>SYMPHONY: ALIVE IV by Kiss -- "Rock'n'Roll Pneumoniaaaaaaaaa?" Rock'n'Roll<BR>Alzheimer's more like. Anyone hear this? Some thoughts:<BR><BR>(1) Paul Stanley really needs to shut up between songs. It used to be<BR>entertaining and unintentionally hilarious. Now it's just depressing.<BR><BR>(2) That's not Ace. It's Tommy Thayer (formerly of hair metal C-Listers,<BR>Black'n'Blue, I believe.....who were once managed by Gene). He's dressed<BR>like Ace. He's throwin' the same poses as Ace. He's trying to play Ace's<BR>parts. But it's not Ace. No it isn't.<BR><BR>(3) Was the world really crying out for symphonic accompaniment to tracks<BR>like "Shandi"? Was the world even wimpering for yet another live version of<BR>"Strutter"? The symphonic mishandling of "Detroit Rock City" is nigh on<BR>unforgivable,....to say nothing of its inherent needlessness.<BR><BR>(4) Shouldn't the piss-poor reception to the Psycho Circus album
 have tipped<BR>them off that no one really wanted to hear a live version of the title<BR>track?<BR><BR><BR><BR>Cannot wait to get my hands on the new<BR>Joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR><BR>Alex in NYC<BR>_______________________________________________<BR>Gathering mailing list<BR>Gathering@misera.net<BR>http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering</BLOCKQUOTE>
--0-785306540-1059524238=:160--