[kj] This ought to send Jaz off on a rampage

PRAEst76 gathering@misera.net
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:46:30 +0100

Phillipps Marc sed...

>>You do realise he'll get a second term?

> I'm afraid so . . . . it's like a bad dream isn't it . .

I just see it getting worse. There is no such thing as 'backing down'
in the Bush administrations lexicon. They want to win here regardless
of the cost.

> Today's fun story from Iraq involved troops kidnapping Iraqi officers wives
> and children until they hand themselves in . . .

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A54345-2003Jul27.html

> It beggars belief doesn't it

In all honesty there is little that would surprise me.

I dunno, when I hear of stuff like this I just think they've forgotten
they are i na foreign country. They are the invaders, not the iraqis.
All objectivity is being lost there. and every day that goes by I
just see it getting worse. What is the current death rate? 2 US
marines per day, more at the weekends? they plan to be there for
another year? That's what? 700 dead US marines by this time next year?
They could stop that by killing all the Iraqis. Or kill enough of them
to put the fear of god into them.

I'd like to see some of the main guys of the Bush administration down
on the ground there. Putting their rhetoric into action and proving to
the moral starved US troops that they actually give a flying fuck
what happens to them. because right now I don't think the Bush
administration sees the dead US troops as anything more than
statistics.

Either that or get out of Iraq, because this whole thing is just going
to escalate to a point where someone with power in the US will see the
'turning the whole desert into a big sheet of glass' option as viable
and then it really will be world war three.

--
PRAEst76
http://www.apxf85.dsl.pipex.com/praest76