[kj] new album

Mark Kolmar gathering@misera.net
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:49:38 +0000 (GMT)

Amazon.co.uk has shipped mine.  Wonder if it will arrive before next
Tuesday when the US release is due.

The only album track I've heard in it's full fidelity is "Loose Cannon".
It was so much better on CD than even 192kbps MP3.  Maybe half the fine
detail that made the track interesting was hidden away in the MP3.  It is
a bit like looking at something through layers of plastic wrap.  I've
played the whole album on the big stereo once but won't do it again.
Some tracks may not suffer as much from MP3 as "Loose Cannon", but I bet
at least "Asteroid", "House That Pain Built", and probably "Implant" do.

--Mark