[kj] OT: Another Final Word on 'Christian Rawk'

Alexander Smith gathering@misera.net
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 16:50:42 -0500

--Apple-Mail-2--753038032

Alright I know I said I'd already submitted my "last word" on the=20
subject, but being that I'm a godless heathen, I of course lied.

One last point I have against Christian Rock (and Culture Virus, please=20=

don't take this to heart....it is not aimed at you in a hurtful,=20
disrespectful manner...it is aimed solely at the 'Christian Rock'=20
community): Rock'n'Roll is, was, and hopefully always will be *THE=20
DEVIL'S MUSIC*. Its origins are inherently steeped in sin and thoughts=20=

of libidinous misbehaviour. To appropriate it and use it as a means of=20=

shilling the pillars of a particular faith at otherwise unsuspecting=20
fans is a hollow subterfuge of the highest order.

If it's played properly, rock'n'roll should encapsule all that=20
organized religion seemingly seeks to discourage: freedom,=20
self-reliance, accountability, etc.

"KEEP MUSIC EVIL"
	- the Fatima Mansions

Alex in NYC

On Sunday, December 21, 2003, at 04:19 PM, ade wrote:

> The thing that pisses me off about Christian Rawk & the shit we get on=20=

> the (fuck me, this is funny!!) 'GOD Channel' is the fact that they're=20=

> USUALLY banging-on about god being great or good or somesuch. So many=20=

> just seem to do that & nowt else. Some even look & smell of=20
> Nickleback-itis & really, THAT is unforgiveable - we're talking=20
> artistic credibility here.
> =A0
> Hence, they seem to have their own little genre & niche market, etc,=20=

> because people less or un interested in the faith of the band aren't=20=

> interested in the blatant messages. Certainly, that's how I feel, but=20=

> that's just MY OPINION before someone starts flaming me.
> =A0
> When Maiden wrote Aces High, I'm sure they wrote it out of an interest=20=

> of flying & romantic vision of warfare - Bruce is a pilot as we all=20
> know. When Slayer wrote Angel of Death, I'm guessing that they wanted=20=

> to illustrate what can happen when man gets out of hand & the message=20=

> is 'Don't let=A0it happen again' - that's the way I see the tune =
anyway.=20
> My opinion again & all that.
> =A0
> So, the point I'm trying to make is that many bands write songs with=20=

> varying messages=A0& my examples show that it can be story-telling or=20=

> political, educational - whatever. Do Christian bands have no=20
> imagination that I have to switch on the GOD Channel & am forced=A0to=20=

> hear the words "My God is an awesome God..." before the next channel=20=

> pops up? Why must each track be loaded with Christian dogma? Certainly=20=

> POD & Evanexcrecense don't seem as obvious (from the one or two tracks=20=

> I've heard), but have they nowt else to fucking sing about?
> =A0
> I'm just off down to the local Sunday School to see POD...
> =A0
> =A0

please don't take this to heart....it is not aimed at you in a
hurtful, disrespectful manner...it is aimed solely at the 'Christian
Rock' community): Rock'n'Roll is, was, and hopefully always will
inherently steeped in sin and thoughts of libidinous misbehaviour. To
appropriate it and use it as a means of shilling the pillars of a
particular faith at otherwise unsuspecting fans is a hollow subterfuge
of the highest order.

If it's played properly, rock'n'roll should encapsule all that
organized religion seemingly seeks to discourage: freedom,
self-reliance, accountability, etc.

"KEEP MUSIC EVIL"

	- the Fatima Mansions

Alex in NYC

<excerpt>The thing that pisses me off about Christian Rawk & the shit
we get on the (fuck me, this is funny!!) 'GOD Channel' is the fact
that they're USUALLY banging-on about god being great or good or
somesuch. So many just seem to do that & nowt else. Some even look &
smell of Nickleback-itis & really, THAT is unforgiveable - we're
talking artistic credibility here.

[...]

<bold>Sent:</bold> 21 December 2003 16:46

<bold>To:</bold> gathering@misera.net

<bold>Subject:</bold> Re: [kj] OT: Final Word on 'Christian Rawk'

In a message dated 12/21/2003 11:38:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
fuckin' Religion (with you *OR* with the mysterious Mr.West) It's such

a hot-button topic that only leads to needless acrimony.

Peace on Earth, Good Will towards Killing Joke.

Amen,

Alex in NYC</fontfamily>

Krishna rocked ruled and the best thing is they would have kicked your
ass if you didnt agree....

</excerpt>=

--Apple-Mail-2--753038032--