[kj] Oi!

Amy Moseley Rupp gathering@misera.net
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 00:36:58 -0600 (CST)

> Nothing wrong in being Christian, or anything else, as long as people don't shove it into your
> face.

That's the trouble with it though.  How do you successfully
belong to a religion that, in some interpretations, *requires*
you to be evangelical to the point of pestilence lest a lack
of attempt means someone rots in hell because you didn't
enlighten them?

This conundrum is up there with the interpretations of
Islam that say that followers should not tolerate infidels
or they aren't truly following the religion.

You then get either:  religions warring with each other,
trying to annihilate the other or convert them (by force?)
or .....

OR you get warring within religions as those of us who
try to be at peace with the rest of the world are accused
of not doing our duty, of NOT REALLY BELIEVING.

Which pretty much sums up all of the religious wars we've
ever seen.

And are still seeing.

Which is why I said:  trying to converse on this subject is
very unlikely to change someone's mind unless they *wanna*
converse on it with an open mind, and in that case, they
can seek out a dedicated forum.