[kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03

Gabriella Wingårdh gathering@misera.net
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 04:23:25 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_015C_01C3C77A.2D5AAA80

[kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alex Smith=20
  To: gathering@misera.net=20
  Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 7:17 PM
  Subject: [kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03

  1) Your Name:
  gabriella wingardh

  2) Your Age:
  37

  3) Are you married and have you any children?=20
  no & no

  4) I live here:
  stockholm, sweden

  5) I've been a member of the Gathering since:
  couple of months on the list, but kj has has been a major provider to =
the soundtrack of my id since -81=20

  6) What do you want for X-mas?
  a latex santa :-)

  7) Your biggest extravagance of the year?
  having my flat redecorated

  8) Your biggest hopes for 2004?
  I=B4ll be up to my ears in work, so I hope I=B4ll have some time for a =
life as well

  9) What was the last album you bought,why, and how is it?
  haven=B4t bought anything for some time, but I guess =CD=B4ll be =
getting some more autechre stuff=20

  10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what were your top five =
favorite releases of the year?
  hhmm

  11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they rate?
  was supposed to see jane=B4s addiction and death in june. couldn=B4t =
make either of them, unfortunately

  12) Worst music you heard all year:
  evanescence. among the lot haha

  13) If I find out that the person I'm talking to is a big fan of =
________, I lose all interest in talking to them (note: your answer need =
not be restricted to music)
  power ballads

  14) Band(s) most in need of reforming/touring/releasing new material:
  hm, can=B4t think of any right now

  15) Band(s) most in need of hanging it up and calling it a day:
  U2

  16) Albums most in need of re-mastering and re-release deluxe stylee:
  joy division
  PIL
  the cramps

  17) Most overrated music of the year:
  just put on mtv

  18) Most underrated music of the year:
  killing joke

  19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favorite bands/artists are:
  (the first five that came to mind, in no particular order)
  tricky
  diamanda galas
  foetus
  clint mansell
  film soundtracks by graeme revell (formerly of SPK)

  20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on the Internet
  well, it=B4s getting better

  22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the rumormongering, I'd really =
like the following to happen:
  a european tour, and a new record out

  23) Did you get to see Killing Joke on this tour? If so, briefly =
explain your reaction
  no, not this one. if there=B4s another tour 2004, I=B4ll definitely =
will

  24) What would you have rather seen on the album cover, other than the =
red Krusty Clown?
  I=B4d have liked something that gave the same feel as "what=B4s this =
for?"=20

  25) Favorite track on the new album:=20
  blood on your hands

  26) Least favorite track on the new album:
  you=B4ll never get to me

  27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first single, it would have =
been:
  seeing red

  28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil" as yet? Your =
thoughts?
  nope. where can I get a copy?

  29) Outside of Andy Gill, who would you like to see produce the next =
Killing Joke record?=20
  flood aka jim thirlwell

  30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world today:
  empire song

  31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage yet? If not, WHAT =
THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?=20
  er, no :-)

  32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike Coles estimable =
site?
  more brainchildren of mike cole=B4s creative genius

  33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this man in the =
White House:
  robert anton wilson

  34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has been apprehended?
  I don=B4t feel safer or less safer. what I do feel, is don=B4t hype up =
even more paranoia. scared people en masse are more frightening.

  35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam this way:
  have him face a tribunal in iraq, let the iraqis themselves judge him. =
the bush regime shouldn=B4t be able to cover up its politics of =
so-called anti-terrorism war with
  saddam=B4s mistreating of the iraqi people.=20

  36) Where is Osama Bin Laden:
  wouldn=B4t surprise me if he was hiding in some cia safehouse

  37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of Islamists on the =
homefront (US/UK/EUR)?
  no=20

  38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance?
  no, but I don=B4t feel prepared for getting hit by a truck either

  39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the events of September =
11, 2001?
  no, and I find it interesting how the media focus shifted from osama =
to saddam as public enemy no 1

  40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day?
  at work, came home, switched on the TV, and couldn=B4t believe what I =
saw. it felt sickeningly surreal=20

  41) Were you the next American president, your first act in office =
would be:
  listen to what the american people has to say, instead of telling them =
what to believe (yeah, maybe I shouldn=B4t comment on this, being =
non-american, but, still...)

  42) Tony Blair is a: _________.
  tory in disguise

  43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face on the American =
Dime with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your reaction:
  why not walt disney?

  44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True or False. Explain your feeling =
why you feel this way. Support your argument:=20
  true, which is why I believe he is where he is. he=B4s in the hands of =
his advisors, easy to handle. they just have to make sure he sticks to =
the script

  45) Under which American administration was the world/your own =
situation better off: Bush's or Clinton's?
  the clinton administration seemed more humanitarian than the present. =
but politics is about image-making. the world seemed a less hostile =
place anyway during clinton

  ::::END::::

------=_NextPart_000_015C_01C3C77A.2D5AAA80

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>[kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03</TITLE>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dvassifer@earthlink.net =
href=3D"mailto:vassifer@earthlink.net">Alex=20
  Smith</A> </DIV>
title=3Dgathering@misera.net=20
  href=3D"mailto:gathering@misera.net">gathering@misera.net</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, December 18, =
2003 7:17=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [kj] YEAR END POLL FOR =
`03</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial><BR><FONT size=3D2></FONT></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><BR><BR><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>1) Your Name:</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>gabriella wingardh<BR><BR>2) Your=20
  Age:</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>37<BR><BR>3) Are you married and have =
you any=20
  children? </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>no &amp; no<BR><BR>4) I live =
here:</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>stockholm, sweden</FONT><BR><BR><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
  size=3D2>5) I've been a member of the Gathering since:</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>couple of months on the list, =
but&nbsp;kj has has=20
  been a major provider to&nbsp;the soundtrack of my id since -81=20
  </FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
  <DIV><BR>6) What do you want for X-mas?</DIV>
  <DIV>a latex santa :-)<BR><BR>7) Your biggest extravagance of the =
year?</DIV>
  <DIV>having my flat redecorated<BR><BR>8) Your biggest hopes for =
2004?</DIV>
  <DIV>I=B4ll be up to my ears in work, so I hope I=B4ll have some time =
for a life=20
  as well<BR><BR>9) What was the last album you bought,why, and how is =
it?</DIV>
  <DIV>haven=B4t bought anything for some time, but I guess =CD=B4ll be =
getting some=20
  more&nbsp;autechre stuff </DIV>
  <DIV><BR>10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what were your =
top five=20
  favorite releases of the year?</DIV>
  <DIV>hhmm</DIV>
  <DIV><BR>11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they =
rate?</DIV>
  <DIV>was supposed to see jane=B4s addiction and death in june. =
couldn=B4t make=20
  either of them, unfortunately<BR><BR>12) Worst music you heard all =
year:</DIV>
  <DIV>evanescence. among the lot haha<BR><BR>13) If I find out that the =
person=20
  I'm talking to is a big fan of ________, I lose all interest in =
talking to=20
  them (note: your answer need not be restricted to music)</DIV>
  <DIV>power ballads<BR><BR>14) Band(s) most in need of=20
  reforming/touring/releasing new material:</DIV>
  <DIV>hm, can=B4t think of any right now<BR><BR>15) Band(s) most in =
need of=20
  hanging it up and calling it a day:</DIV>
  <DIV>U2<BR><BR>16) Albums most in need of re-mastering and re-release =
deluxe=20
  stylee:</DIV>
  <DIV>joy division</DIV>
  <DIV>PIL</DIV>
  <DIV>the cramps<BR><BR>17) Most overrated music of the year:</DIV>
  <DIV>just put on mtv</DIV>
  <DIV><BR>18) Most underrated music of the year:</DIV>
  <DIV>killing joke<BR><BR>19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five =
favorite=20
  bands/artists are:</DIV>
  <DIV>(the first five that came to mind, in no particular order)</DIV>
  <DIV>tricky</DIV>
  <DIV>diamanda galas</DIV>
  <DIV>foetus</DIV>
  <DIV>clint mansell</DIV>
  <DIV>film soundtracks by graeme revell (formerly of SPK)</DIV>
  <DIV><BR>20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on the=20
  Internet</DIV>
  <DIV>well, it=B4s getting better<BR><BR>22) Regarding the Joke, =
despite all the=20
  rumormongering, I'd really like the following to happen:</DIV>
  <DIV>a european tour, and a new record out<BR><BR>23) Did you get to =
see=20
  Killing Joke on this tour? If so, briefly explain your reaction</DIV>
  <DIV>no, not this one. if there=B4s another tour 2004, I=B4ll =
definitely=20
  will<BR><BR>24) What would you have rather seen on the album cover, =
other than=20
  the red Krusty Clown?</DIV>
  <DIV>I=B4d have liked something that gave the same feel as "what=B4s =
this for?"=20
  <BR><BR>25) Favorite track on the new album: </DIV>
  <DIV>blood on your hands<BR><BR>26) Least favorite track on the new=20
  album:</DIV>
  <DIV>you=B4ll never get to me<BR><BR>27) Were it up to you to have =
chosen the=20
  first single, it would have been:</DIV>
  <DIV>seeing red<BR><BR>28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the =
Devil" as=20
  yet? Your thoughts?</DIV>
  <DIV>nope. where can I get a copy?<BR><BR>29) Outside of Andy Gill, =
who would=20
  you like to see produce the next Killing Joke record? </DIV>
  <DIV>flood aka jim thirlwell<BR><BR>30) Killing Joke track that best =
sums up=20
  the world today:</DIV>
  <DIV>empire song<BR><BR>31) Have you bought anything from Malicious =
Damage=20
  yet? If not, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? </DIV>
  <DIV>er, no :-)<BR><BR>32) Goods you'd like to see made available on =
Mike=20
  Coles estimable site?</DIV>
  <DIV>more brainchildren of mike cole=B4s creative genius<BR><BR>33) =
Following=20
  the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this man in the White House:</DIV>
  <DIV>robert anton wilson<BR><BR>34) Do you feel 'safer' now that =
Saddam=20
  Hussein has been apprehended?</DIV>
  <DIV>I don=B4t feel safer or less safer. what I do feel, is don=B4t =
hype&nbsp;up=20
  even more paranoia. scared people en masse are more =
frightening.<BR><BR>35)=20
  Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam this way:</DIV>
  <DIV>have him face a tribunal in iraq, let the iraqis themselves judge =
him.=20
  the bush regime shouldn=B4t be able to cover up its politics of =
so-called=20
  anti-terrorism war with<BR>saddam=B4s mistreating of the iraqi people. =
</DIV>
  <DIV><BR>36) Where is Osama Bin Laden:</DIV>
  <DIV>wouldn=B4t surprise me if he was hiding in some cia =
safehouse<BR><BR>37)=20
  Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of Islamists on the =
homefront=20
  (US/UK/EUR)?</DIV>
  <DIV>no <BR><BR>38) Do you feel prepared for another such =
instance?</DIV>
  <DIV>no, but I don=B4t feel&nbsp;prepared for getting hit by a truck=20
  either<BR><BR>39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the events =
of=20
  September 11, 2001?</DIV>
  <DIV>no, and I find it interesting how the media focus shifted from =
osama to=20
  saddam as public enemy no 1<BR><BR>40) Where were you/what were you =
doing on=20
  that day?</DIV>
  <DIV>at work, came home,&nbsp;switched on the TV, and couldn=B4t =
believe what I=20
  saw. it felt sickeningly surreal&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>41) Were you the next American president, your first act in =
office would=20
  be:</DIV>
  <DIV>listen to what the american people has to say, instead of telling =
them=20
  what to believe&nbsp;(yeah, maybe I shouldn=B4t comment on this, being =

  non-american, but, still...)</DIV>
  <DIV><BR>42) Tony Blair is a: _________.</DIV>
  <DIV>tory in disguise<BR><BR>43) They want replace Franklin Delano =
Roosevelt's=20
  face on the American Dime with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your =

  reaction:</DIV>
  <DIV>why not walt disney?<BR><BR>44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True =
or=20
  False. Explain your feeling why you feel this way. Support your =
argument:=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV>true, which is why I believe he is where he is. he=B4s in the =
hands of his=20
  advisors, easy to handle. they just have to make sure he sticks to the =

  script<BR><BR>45) Under which American administration was the =
world/your own=20
  situation better off: Bush's or Clinton's?</DIV>
  <DIV>the clinton administration <EM>seemed</EM> more humanitarian than =
the=20
  present. but politics is about image-making. the world seemed a less =
hostile=20
  place anyway during=20
clinton<BR><BR>::::END::::<BR></DIV></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_015C_01C3C77A.2D5AAA80--