[kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03

Dammit Bleep gathering@misera.net
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 00:50:21 +0000

1) Your Name: Jim

2) Your Age: 30

3) Are you married and have you any children? No and no (thankfully).

4) I live here: Dayton, Ohio

5) I've been a member of the Gathering since: Last Spring

6) What do you want for X-mas? Ca$h baby!

7) Your biggest extravagance of the year? Trip to Chicago to see Wire.

8) Your biggest hopes for 2004? Realistic: A second KJ tour so I can see
them this time. Optimistic: The US MOSTLY out of Iraq.  Pessimistic: Another
Bloody Election.

9) What was the last album you bought,why, and how is it?: Cop Shoot Cop-
Release. It's good as far as the overal band goes, but clearly not their
best. They resemble a band that was on their way out, which is what they
were.

10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what were your top five
favorite releases of the year?

1-Placebo- Sleeping With Ghosts
2- WIRE- Send
3- The Fire Theft- The Fire Theft
4- TV On The Radio- Young Liars
5- Radiohead- Hail To The Thief

11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they rate? Last one seen was
TV On The Radio in Newport, KY. They were very good live. The album is good,
but the live instrumentation is fabulous. Saw Wire in June. Enough said. The
boys still got it. Saw Interpol in Newport early in the year. A bit sleepy,
but excellent.

12) Worst music you heard all year: Most anything oncorporate radio (too
numerous to mention).

13) If I find out that the person I'm talking to is a big fan of CREED, I
lose all interest in talking to them (note: your answer need not be
restricted to music)

14) Band(s) most in need of reforming/touring/releasing new material:
Original FEAR, Catherine Wheel, Headswim, Jawbox, Course Of Empire, Shudder
To Think

15) Band(s) most in need of hanging it up and calling it a day:CREED, Red
Hot Chili Peppers

16) Albums most in need of re-mastering and re-release deluxe stylee: WIRE-
A Bell Is A Cup..., FEAR- More Beer,

17) Most overrated music of the year: Norah Freakin' Shankar Jones

18) Most underrated music of the year: KJ-KJ

19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favorite bands/artists are: (In no
particular order) Jawbox, Bowie, Gang Of Four, Shudder To Think, Catherine
Wheel

20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on the Internet: What
presence? Oh, you must mean that little "official" site that was once a
shockingly new jewel turned old, out-dated and almost taking up more
bandwith than it's worth.

22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the rumormongering, I'd really like the
following to happen: Another US tour leg...work on a follow-up.

23) Did you get to see Killing Joke on this tour? If so, briefly explain
your reaction: Sadly, no.

24) What would you have rather seen on the album cover, other than the red
Krusty Clown? YESYESYESYES

25) Favorite track on the new album: At the moment: Implant

26) Least favorite track on the new album: Loose Cannon

27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first single, it would have been:
Death and Resurrection Show.

28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil" as yet? Your thoughts?
No.

29) Outside of Andy Gill, who would you like to see produce the next Killing
Joke record? (Snicker) Martin Atkins.

30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world today: Invasion

31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage yet? If not, WHAT THE
FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Good Credit.

32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike Coles estimable site?
Paris Hilton Video T-Shirts that read: Paris Hilton: WHO GIVES A FUCK?!!!

33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this man in the White
House: Dunno.

34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has been apprehended? From
the network media? Yes.

35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam this way: Take him on a
tour through Afghanistan.

36) Where is Osama Bin Laden: Working for a big record company. Not sure
which.

37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of Islamists on the
homefront (US/UK/EUR)? Are you fuckin' KIDDING me?!

38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance? Who can be prepared as a
civillian for such things?

39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the events of September 11,
2001? No.

40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day? at some slut's house. I
was sleeping.

41) Were you the next American president, your first act in office would be:
Order an investigation into American Intelligence sources before, during and
after the war in Iraq.

42) Tony Blair is a: Prime Minister.

43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face on the American Dime
with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your reaction: Who uses dimes or
real money these days aside from me?

44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True or False. Explain your feeling why you
feel this way. Support your argument: True. However, every president has
been an idiot dating back to the begining of the 20th century at some time
or another. GWB and his handlers have such a hard-on for forcing whatever
policy/action they deem necessary (ie- the war in Iraq, the tax break,
infiltrating privacy of citizens under the guise of the War on Terroism)

45) Under which American administration was the world/your own situation
better off: Bush's or Clinton's?
Seemingly Clinton's, however, we cannot fault GWB's Admin for missing 9/11.
Since then,however, the thing's the US has done in the name of Homeland
Security and the War on Terrorism has been nothing short of militants
foaming at the pie hole.

providers now.  https://broadband.msn.com