[kj] OT: Are we still talking about Evanescence here?

Ross O'Donoghue gathering@misera.net
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 07:44:37 +0200

Just a couple of points.....
1. I think we should probably leave off getting excited about Peter West
now, as the whole thing was obviously quite a leg-pull.. and some of us at
least have twigged who was probably behind it. As usual, some are too dull
to get the joke....
2. AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED (thought I would try capitals, as this phrase is
obviously otherwise invisible to some eyes) the whole notion of 'tolerance'
has to do with living and letting others live, and not that much to do with
the peculiar notions of the few thought-police hanging around here who seem
inordinately concerned that we think the 'right' things. I happen to carry
around a whole bag of rather unwholesome prejudices, and I frankly doubt if
there are many of us who have thoroughly exorcised these ....I despise all
forms of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, and rarely have much time for
their adherents. I also hate the falseness of the term 'Xtian' - why fly in
the face of history and obscure an intelligible term with a silly neologism
that adds nothing? Or is the 'x' a kiss for a man betrayed by one?
I find most queers extremely dull and irritating company, and would like to
see all the modest head-scarved women of Islam and their cloistered
Christian counterparts stripped naked, horsewhipped and gang-raped by herds
of goats in public. I won't even get started on the Jews....( I find most
Buddhists amiable fools, and have little beef with Hindus)
BUT....THE POINT IS......FREEDOM &TOLERANCE ( on my terms, of course) are
the ONLY social principles worth having, and they encompass all others. I
would be the first to take up arms and leap into the trenches in defence of
the rights of any of the above-mentioned  pains-in-the-fecking-arse to
continue to add to my existential discomfort. This doesn't actually  require
that I like any of them. (Jacques Chirac should be shot).
So, now, take it easy : we're not the same.
Ye have been warned!
Ross.