[kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03

ade gathering@misera.net
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:11:42 -0000

1) Your Name:  ade

2) Your Age:  31

3) Are you married and have you any children?  Not married (is 13 years 'in
sin' a record?), 1 daughter & another due 8th Jan..

4) I live here:  Not far from Birmingham, UK.

5) I've been a member of the Gathering since:  Since I found it - 2001.

6) What do you want for X-mas?  Not too concerned... ;)

7) Your biggest extravagance of the year?  The cost of hiding Saddam
Hussein. Booking tickets for RE~TG.

8) Your biggest hopes for 2004?  The same as every year probably. To not go
postal again.

9) What was the last album you bought,why, and how is it?:  March Violets
"The Botanic Verses". Haven't listened to it yet though- hoping the tunes I
liked are still good!

10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what were your top five
favorite releases of the year?
Jane's Addiction "Strays", King Crimson "The Power to Believe"...

11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they rate?
KJ - Yes they did ;)  Doors2000 - Yes they did & I only went to look after
the mrs!

12) Worst music you heard all year: The Darkness (particularly the vocals),
Evanescence (also the vocals!)

14) Band(s) most in need of reforming/touring/releasing new material:  Led
Zeppelin, original Belly line-up (they were good live).

16) Albums most in need of re-mastering and re-release deluxe stylee:

17) Most overrated music of the year:  The Darkness (heard it all before,
but obviously better).

19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favorite bands/artists are:
This is a really difficult one: King Crimson, TG, Beastie Boys, Slayer, Kate
Bush, The Chameleons (yes, another fan)... but these change all the time.

20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on the Internet:  Not
enough!

22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the rumormongering, I'd really like the
following to happen:
More QUALITY musical output, a Led Zeppelin-esque style DVD package, more
gigs & an officially sanctioned history of KJ book, live recordings
including Extremities material, I could go on...

23) Did you get to see Killing Joke on this tour? If so, briefly explain
your reaction:  Very happy :) Loved seeing "Fall of" & that era of Joke.
Want to see them do Extremities material though - won't be satisfied 'til
they do.

24) What would you have rather seen on the album cover, other than the red
Krusty Clown?  A quality Colesy cover.

25) Favorite track on the new album:  This is difficult, but Seeing Red is
amongst them :)

26) Least favorite track on the new album: "Lanterns of Hope"? Er, no, I
mean "You'll never get to me"!

27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first single, it would have been:
Maybe "Seeing Red" with some PROPER promotion!

28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil" as yet? Your thoughts?
No :(

29) Outside of Andy Gill, who would you like to see produce the next Killing
Joke record? KJ, TG, Robert Fripp, Kate Bush.

30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world today: MINOG "Really?"

31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage yet? If not, WHAT THE
FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
No :( Waiting for xmas to be over & then maybe a few t-shirts...

32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike Coles estimable site?
Can't think! Bit a stoned.

33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this man in the White
House: NOT Bush.

34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has been apprehended?
Obviously not.

35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam this way:  Lock the cunt
up for life (I mean 'til he dies). No need to drop to his level.

36) Where is Osama Bin Laden:  Holidaying in Blackpool.

37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of Islamists on the
homefront (US/UK/EUR)?  Not at all.

38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance?  Best thing to say is
that I'll deal with it as & when. No use getting too paranoid.

39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the events of September 11,
2001?  I doubt it.

40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day?  At work.

41) Were you the next American president, your first act in office would be:
Work hard at the Israel/Palestine issues.

42) Tony Blair is a:  Lying Cunt.

43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face on the American Dime
with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your reaction:  Why, was Rooselvelt
a fucking joke too?

44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True or False. Explain your feeling why you
feel this way. Support your argument:
Yes - the world is not as simplistic as he believes - nothing is simply
black & white, 1 or 0. Well, he thinks it is & that 'putting the boot in'
fixes everything. Dangerous in the long-term.

45) Under which American administration was the world/your own situation
better off: Bush's or Clinton's?
Clinton. I'm expecting abuse.

ade.