[kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:42:55 +0000

[kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `031) Your Name: Darrin

2) Your Age:
37

3) Are you married and have you any children?
- Yes, no

4) I live here:
- Warrington, Cheshire

5) I've been a member of the Gathering since:
- Before 2001

6) What do you want for X-mas?
- Nothing. Well perhaps some book/CD tokens :)

7) Your biggest extravagance of the year?
- Trip to New York last week

8) Your biggest hopes for 2004?
- As little work as possible

9) What was the last album you bought,why, and how is it?:
- That one with the cross-eyed bonny opera singer/goth woman. It's OK.

10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what were your top five
favorite releases of the year?
None. Other than the odd thing I see on TV and download I tend to stick to
classical music. If I like something, I'm one of those people who then buys the
CD, though try telling that to the RIAA. The gozzy/opera singer/goth woman
fronted CD is a good example.

11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they rate?
Saw a friend's band doing soul music. They were actually really good, but I've
had enough of live music for this year. Who's gonna top KJ anyway?

12) Worst music you heard all year:
The godamned Darkness. I completely fail to see any good in this band. I don't
even think "they're cool 'cos they don't take it seriously". To me they are the
most pathetic dross I've ever heard and I'm ashamed to say that the UK produced
them (they did didn't they?). Everytime I head the lead singer's warbling voice
and even worse, see his "aren't I having fun?" expression, I have to either
switch off the medium or leave the room or both!

17) Most overrated music of the year:
You guessed it: Darkness. WTF is even going on? Why does anyone pretend to like
them? Is this all some huge elaborate joke or conspiracy to make me feel bad? I
just cannot believe that anyone would see any musical value in the huge bag of
stinking turds (thank you Viz) which is their discography.

19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favorite bands/artists are:
Siouxsie & the Banshees
Dead Can Dance
Slayer
Clash
The The

20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on the Internet
Excellent. There's some great sites out there and I really appreciate the fact
that I can access so much relevant info on one of my favourite bands. People on
this very list are of course to be thanked for this so thanks OK?

22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the rumormongering, I'd really like the
following to happen:
A new album, always a new album, and associated tour of course.

23) Did you get to see Killing Joke on this tour? If so, briefly explain
your reaction
Three times. Met several Gathering members all of whom were very nice people.
Got to meet the band for the first time. Always impressed with what a gent
Raven is.

25) Favorite track on the new album:
Death and Resurrection Show

26) Least favorite track on the new album:
Inferno. KJ filler I'm afraid.

27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first single, it would have been:
Death and Resurrection Show, but I know that it would not necessarily be the
correct commercial decision but I think it'd be worth it just to hear such a
sound on TOTP or similar.

28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil" as yet? Your thoughts?
Uh? I have no idea what that is.

30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world today:
Dark Forces (of course)

31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage yet? If not, WHAT THE
FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
I wanted the clock but I think they're all long gone :(

32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike Coles estimable site?
I guess a t-shirt I'd like to wear. I'd like a repro of some of the old tour
shirts that I cannot wear anymore due to condition or shrinkage (that's my
excuse anyway) I'd love a replacement Empire Song t-shirt and perhaps the
Extremeties long-sleeved shirt.

33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this man in the White
House:
Arnie. The President is obviously just a figure-head anyway so it doesn't
really matter. At least Arnie's speaktification of the language is better than
Bush.

34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has been apprehended?
Yes. I was worried he'd turn up at my Xmas party.

35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam this way:
With big spiky gloves...

36) Where is Osama Bin Laden:
I've seen him playing Counter-Strike many times, and his ping is so low he must
be in the UK.

37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of Islamists on the
homefront (US/UK/EUR)?
LOL, of course not. If it weren't religion they'd use as an excuse or hatred of
Western democracy or decadence, it'd be something else. It's all about people
on power trips and human ego. 99% of humanity are bastards.

38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance?
No.

39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the events of September 11,
2001?
No.

40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day?
At work. It was shocking and I still remember the feeling that the World had
changed in just a few hours. I also knew that as a result, thousands more would
die...

41) Were you the next American president, your first act in office would be:
Replace all family TVs with pianos. TV sucks anyway.

42) Tony Blair is a: _________.
patronising liar with delusions of grandeur.

43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face on the American Dime
with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your reaction:
I liked Ronnie so why not? It should be up to the American public.

44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True or False. Explain your feeling why you
feel this way. Support your argument:
True. No need to support my argument other than suggesting using google.

Sent with "Me-Mail", Boltblue's FREE mobile messaging service.
http://www.boltblue.com